Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

KingOfLeinster

VirtualBox - FSC, Radar Contact,

Hi FolksI have a laptop that runs on Linux (Ubuntu 10.10).I want to ease the burden on fsx so I was planning to install XP/Win7 using the latest VirtualBox & running FS Commander 8 & Radar Contact .Has anybody done this & if so have you come across any problems.Apologies if posted in the wrong section CheersPaul

Yes, that should work, though I haven't tried it myself. You will need to buy FSUIPC and WideFS if you haven't already purchased those (from what I can tell from FS Commander's and Radar Contact's websites they both use FSUIPC). I think you would want to set up VirtualBox to use the bridge mode for the network adapter, so WideFS won't have too much trouble trying to find your FS PC.I hope this helps,

Yes, that should work, though I haven't tried it myself. You will need to buy FSUIPC and WideFS if you haven't already purchased those (from what I can tell from FS Commander's and Radar Contact's websites they both use FSUIPC). I think you would want to set up VirtualBox to use the bridge mode for the network adapter, so WideFS won't have too much trouble trying to find your FS PC.I hope this helps,
Thanks for the reply I'll install it & tell you how it goes