Sign in to follow this  
b737800tuifly

B737 Craziest Approach Video

Referring to the video at the start. He did a go around. Clearly just before the threshhold one of the pilots lost it a bit and in those situations a go around is usual.It looks to be Spring time thermals. If, however you want to experience more interesting thermals take a flight across the Arabian/Persian Gulf in August. You will still be holding your breath days after!vololiberista

What's in August? Sandstorms? Flew to the far east last December from London. Over somewhere in the Middle East, Kuwait I think it turned really ugly. The 777 bounced around and sitting at the back really magnified all the bumps.

What's in August? Sandstorms? Flew to the far east last December from London. Over somewhere in the Middle East, Kuwait I think it turned really ugly. The 777 bounced around and sitting at the back really magnified all the bumps.
August is when the humidity rises to almost 100%. Imagine sitting in your airline seat with somebody hitting it from underneath with a 14lb hammer! It's pretty much the only time you will see worried looks amongst the crew!!!vololiberista

August is when the humidity rises to almost 100%. Imagine sitting in your airline seat with somebody hitting it from underneath with a 14lb hammer! It's pretty much the only time you will see worried looks amongst the crew!!!vololiberista
LOL yeah. Whenever the plane I'm on enters some rough air (rougher than what I call normal: slight chops and very mild judders) and periods of weightlessness become more frequent I'd naturally start gripping the bottom of my seat in fear of being thrown off my seat, eventhough I knew i had my seatbelt on. This (seat gripping) happens all the time despite flying long haul like 6 or 8 times a year :(