Sign in to follow this  
frankinbahia

Custom MiniPanel

I'm trying to create a unique minipanel to appear when I use the W key. From what I've read, the only way to do this is to create a new Window in the Panel.cfg with an ident=minipanel. I've done that, and it indeed overrides the FS9 default minipanel, but the gauges I've listed don't appear. (On the first W click, I only have the straight-ahead scenery.) Any suggestions?Thanks!

Have you added the correct "minipanel" title and definition sections to the panel.cfg file. Something like this:[Window Titles]Window00=Main PanelWindow01=Upper PanelWindow02=Throttle QuadrantWindow03=GPSWindow04=Mini PanelWindow05=GroundhandlingWindow06=PFE Taxi GuidanceWindow07=FMC....//--------------------------------------------------------[Window04]file=747FPMINIPANEL.bmp size_mm=512,384window_size_ratio=1.000 position=0visible=1ident=MINIPANELwindow_size= 0.580, 0.380window_pos= 0.230, 0.620gauge00=fpb747!PFD, 111,4,140,275gauge01=fpb747!EIC, 257,0,149,282gauge02=fpb747!AP, 20,287,469,88gauge03=TGS!TaxiGuidanceSystem, 7,180,92,97EVERYTHING must be spelled exactly the same, and the first window must be "00", not "01". They must all be sequential, too -- if you accidentally skip a number when numbering windows anything below that point in the panel.cfg will not appear.HTH.

The only difference is your use of a .bmp file. Since the gauges just 'float' on top of the scenery (in the default minipanel), I didn't think I needed such a file. What does it contain?Btw, I've also tried a copy/paste, using the data from another working Window, and changing only the ident. Same result: nothing appears over the scenery.Thanks again!

Found a "child_3d=1" line in another aircraft's panel.cfg. That did the trick.Thanks again.
Glad you found the issue! I made a lot of custome minipanels my first few years -- until I expanded my hardware to 3 and then, finally, 4 monitors.