Sign in to follow this  
Chris_CYWG

Where are the approach paths stored?

Does anyone know where the approach paths stored AI traffic in FS2002 and FS2004...is it possible to edit these paths?? I've noticed in FS2004 the AI traffic can actually do the LDA/DME approach for 26L at Honolulu (If you're not familiar with this approach it brings you in on a localizer off 26R on a 304 track and then you crank it over 40 degrees at 2 miles and land on 26L) anyways, is there anyway at all to make FS2002 do this with AI traffic?? Is there a file you can drag over from 2004 to 2002?? Notusing 2004 for many reasons, but would like that approach :)Thanks,Chris

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

The flightplans for FS2004 are stored in the Trafficxxxxxxx.bgl file. These plans only provide the basic information for the AI aircraft, i.e., departure/destination airports, time off, etc., they do not provide the actual approach to the particular destination airport. This part of the stored flightplans are similiar to the FS2002 Traffic.bgl file but more information has been added for FS2004.The approach to the airport is variable due to winds and available runways. The approaches to any airport are contained in the many airport scenery files located in your scenery folder. The ATC generator uses the winds information and the destination airport information to guide the approaches to the airport.To answer your question, No, you cannot use the FS2004 files in FS2002 since they are compiled in a different format unreadable by FS2002.W. Sieffert

So I guess what it comes down to in 2002 is if the localizer is offset to the runway it can't do the approach, it needs a straight in, unlike 2004 where it can do the offset/circling approaches.ThanksChris