Sign in to follow this  
Porchpup

Black Bar Across 3 Monitor Setup..

Good evening/morning to everybody. This is my first post on this great site and my first Carenado aircraft. This pertains to my newly downloaded C340 II for FSX. I am running a three monitor setup using ATI Eyefinity. I've searched and did not see any threads pertaining to this issue so I apologize if it has been covered before.When I open views/instrument panel/GPS, I get a black bar running across the bottom of the screen.I can re-size the GPS window within the "Panel Config" but the black bar continues across the three screens.I have found nothing that eliminates or alters this black bar. This is the only pop-up window that this is an issue.All other windows...manual/autopilot/info/control windows are unaffected and do not have this black bar.Here is a picture of the VC view before opening the GPS window.WS101.jpgHere is what it looks like when I open the GPS window. Notice how it re-sized the VS cockpit while adding the bar across the bottom.WS102.jpgI know I'm overlooking something so any help would be appreciated. Thanks!Here is my [Window 00] settings....[Window00]Background_color=0,0,0 size_mm=491,256position=0visible=0ident=794window_size= 0.340, 0.336window_pos= 0.010, 0.645zorder=0 gauge00=CarenadoG430!GNS430_nc1, 0,0,491,256gauge01=C340!Toggle_GPS, 111,37,274,163

Well this issuse seems to have something to do with the VC Windows.Once I bring up the GPS window, I have to change the VC Window setting and the bar disappears.I does not matter if the VCW is on or off when the GPS window opens...just reverse the VCW setting and the bar goes away.Strange but I guess it's something I'll have to live with. :(

Well this issuse seems to have something to do with the VC Windows.Once I bring up the GPS window, I have to change the VC Window setting and the bar disappears.I does not matter if the VCW is on or off when the GPS window opens...just reverse the VCW setting and the bar goes away.Strange but I guess it's something I'll have to live with. :(
You might try using a different WindowXX number for the GPS.Window00 is usually used for the main 2d panel... also try removing the Zorder line..just leave Window00 for something else... like[Window Titles]Window00=ManualWindow01=GPS....//--------------------------------------------------------[Window00]Background_color=0,0,0 size_mm=700,700window_size_ratio=1.000 position=0visible=0ident=793window_size= 0.401, 0.535window_pos= 0.590, 0.020zorder=5gauge00=C340Manual!manual, 0,0,700,700//--------------------------------------------------------[Window01]Background_color=0,0,0 size_mm=491,256window_size_ratio=1.000 position=0visible=0ident=794window_size= 0.340, 0.336window_pos= 0.010, 0.645//zorder=0gauge00=CarenadoG430!GNS430_nc1, 0,0,491,256gauge01=C340!Toggle_GPS, 111,37,274,163

Bert

You might try using a different WindowXX number for the GPS.Window00 is usually used for the main 2d panel... also try removing the Zorder line..just leave Window00 for something else...
Good advise on reassigning the Window numbers.I changed Window00 to the "Info" pop up and Window01 to the GPS.Of course the bar appears when I open Info now, but I never need it anyway.FYI...I also found just by undocking the window eliminated the bar also. Thanks Bert!!

Good advise on reassigning the Window numbers.I changed Window00 to the "Info" pop up and Window01 to the GPS.Of course the bar appears when I open Info now, but I never need it anyway.FYI...I also found just by undocking the window eliminated the bar also. Thanks Bert!!
You are welcome!

Bert