Sign in to follow this  
ega

Aircraft/vehice jumping

I got a new computer and went through the long process of reinstalling FSX and all my add ons. Oddly I now see a situation I had never seen before: in any airport (default or else), any aircraft and even any default airport vehice jumps every ten seconds or so! Even during taxing I can see that the aircraft jumps from time to time. It is a noticebale jump but not that big because the aircraft or airport vehicle does not leave the ground...Does anyone ever encountered this issue? Any ideas to fix it? I do have GEX EU/USA and the Orbx american sceneries but even in areas not covered by them (as in Asia for example) I get this strange behavior. It is therefore something inherent to FSX.ThanksEdmundo

Edmundo Azevedo

For me the solution was to modify the camera.cfg file to hide the tower view in the view cycle.Regards, Mike Mann

Guest PFL

It's a contact points/mesh/RAM issue...Adjust the mesh settings and resolution a bit and see if it helps...

It's a contact points/mesh/RAM issue...Adjust the mesh settings and resolution a bit and see if it helps...
Thanks guys. Yes, you are quite right - I had the sliders to the right. Reducing Mesh resolution to 5 m eliminates the jumping - 2 m is not enough.ThanksEdmundo

Edmundo Azevedo