Sign in to follow this  
Guest CargoMun

Question on blurry textures when at high altitude

I usually don't fly beyond FL18 or so, but when I do I notice the line of demarcation between the detailed, non-blurry texturing and distance blurrification that occurs. A simple fix I've found, is setting the sight distance to 80 miles in the weather settings under Display settings in the game. You get the kind of dirty air haze effect with that, but gone is the demarcation issue. Is there any .cfg tweaks that will extend out the detailed textures beyond that magic line? I already use this:[TERRAIN]TERRAIN_ERROR_FACTOR=100.000000TERRAIN_MIN_DEM_AREA=10.000000TERRAIN_MAX_DEM_AREA=1000.000000 //100.000000TERRAIN_MAX_VERTEX_LEVEL=22TERRAIN_TEXTURE_SIZE_EXP=8TERRAIN_AUTOGEN_DENSITY=5TERRAIN_USE_GRADIENT_MAP=1TERRAIN_EXTENDED_TEXTURES=1// TERRAIN_DEFAULT_RADIUS=0.000000// TERRAIN_EXTENDED_RADIUS=0.000000TERRAIN_DEFAULT_RADIUS=9.5000000TERRAIN_EXTENDED_RADIUS=4.000000Lemme know . . .Noel

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Maybe you could try playing with the TEXTURE_BANDWIDTH_MULT=40 setting (under [display]). Try setting it to 80 or more, I guess your PC can handle it ;)...-Daniel

Try putting this in its respective lines:TERRAIN_MAX_DEM_AREA=200.000000And further down this one:TERRAIN_EXTENDED_RADIUS=4.500000 (or 8.500000) Test them wich one works better.