Sign in to follow this  
hawk0920

Transparent Plane

I have gotten a glitch were the fuselage of my plane is transparent(aka the skeleton glitch) and i cant find out how to fix it! and before you say to, i have acceleration and cant uninstall SP2

Used to have the same problem (with the 8i extention) and solved it be reducing the textures' size.There's a post that describes how to do it (it's not difficult I've done it) but cannot find it right now...

I found it!Step 1: Download DxtBmp software and Paint.net software (this is what I used) and install them. Just google it for the download link. Both are free.Step 2: Open DxtBmp. In the right hand pane, you will see a small square icon. Click that and set Paint.net to be your default editor (browse to find where you installed paint.net).Step 3: Now go to your \simobjects\airplanes\PMDG 747-400 folder and open the texture folder of any 747-8 aircraft. There will be a file called PMDG_748i (for intercontinental version). Make a backup of this first.Step 4: Open the file in DxtBmp and click on Alpha->Export alpha channel. Save the file to your desktop and name it as alpha or something.Step 5: Click on Image->Send To Editor. The image will open in Paint.net.Step 6: Once the image has opened in Paint.net click on Image->Resize. Change the width and height to 1024 pixels and click OK.Step 7: Click File->Save As. Save the image as a DDS file with the name PMDG_748i. Make sure you save it in \simobjects\airplanes\PMDG 747-400\whatever texture folder you opened in step 3. Overwrite the file. (Hope you made a back up).Step 8: Click Ok and select DXT5 (interpolated alpha) under file format and save it. Don't change any other options.Step 9: Open this new file with DxtBmp and select Alpha->Import alpha channel, and select the alpha file you saved on your desktop.Step 10: Now save this file in the same folder, i.e. \simobjects\airplanes\PMDG 747-400\whatever texture folder you opened in step 3.Voila!!! you've got 1024 textures now with transparent windows and hopefully no more messed up textures. You have to do this for each livery separately. If you feel 1024 is also too much, resize it to 512x512. Experiment. That's it.Here is the original post...

Umm, try adding HIGHMEMFIX=1 to your fsx.cfg [GRAPHICS] section before you go messing with the textures - there's a known transparent plane issue that is cured by that line. Any recent system should be able to run the textures just fine, certainly one with 1GB of video memory.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Umm, try adding HIGHMEMFIX=1 to your fsx.cfg [GRAPHICS] section before you go messing with the textures - there's a known transparent plane issue that is cured by that line. Any recent system should be able to run the textures just fine, certainly one with 1GB of video memory.
already tried that didnt work