Sign in to follow this  
David44

RD4 DC3 FS9

This was a download package purchased from MAAM 2007. It has workrd flawlessly until the recently. Immediately after selecting any of the several versions included in the package the following message appears and my FS-9 will freeze until I close out the program with the "end Now ' button. This is a verbatum copy of the message" flight simulator was unable to load some aircraft or software.You can continue using FS but this aircraft will be disabled. File:Gauges\maam_RD4.Gau." I have deleted the RD4 DC-3 files from FS-9 and my aircraft files and have reloaded from the original MAAM download Zip 4 times and the message is still the same.Would it be someones guess there is a file that has gone missing or perhaps corrupted and at this point even the zip is no longer any good. Could the missing or corrupted file be found or repaired ? If I were to delete all files for MaaM RD4 DC3 from my computer and purchased a new download or DVD from MaaM could I restore this old bird to my stable of lod beauties that are older than I am.

This was a download package purchased from MAAM 2007. It has workrd flawlessly until the recently. Immediately after selecting any of the several versions included in the package the following message appears and my FS-9 will freeze until I close out the program with the "end Now ' button. This is a verbatum copy of the message" flight simulator was unable to load some aircraft or software.You can continue using FS but this aircraft will be disabled. File:Gauges\maam_RD4.Gau." I have deleted the RD4 DC-3 files from FS-9 and my aircraft files and have reloaded from the original MAAM download Zip 4 times and the message is still the same.Would it be someones guess there is a file that has gone missing or perhaps corrupted and at this point even the zip is no longer any good. Could the missing or corrupted file be found or repaired ? If I were to delete all files for MaaM RD4 DC3 from my computer and purchased a new download or DVD from MaaM could I restore this old bird to my stable of lod beauties that are older than I am.
Hi David. Sounds like the FSSound.dll issue. Is that file still in the modules folder and are you allowing it to load at the start of your FS session? Read the Known Issues section of the Software User's Manual for more info on that. If that's not it, send me an e-mail at maam-sim@maam.org and I'll be happy to send you a fresh download link, though I doubt that will help.

Bill Rambow

MAAM-SIM

www.maam.org

Hi David. Sounds like the FSSound.dll issue. Is that file still in the modules folder and are you allowing it to load at the start of your FS session? Read the Known Issues section of the Software User's Manual for more info on that. If that's not it, send me an e-mail at maam-sim@maam.org and I'll be happy to send you a fresh download link, though I doubt that will help.
Thanks so very much. I will investigate that fs sound.dll issue and let you know how it turns out.