Sign in to follow this  
Wasso

Disturbing Problem with the Leonardo Maddog...

Hi everybody!I've just bought the Leonardo Maddog Md82 2010pro and i must say, what a fantastic plane and model! But i have a little issue with the generators...I have followed several clips on y-tube to learn how to get the bird flying from C/D. I'm also using a VA's checklist. Even though i'm following the procedures of the clips and the checklists, the generators doesn't take over when the engines are started... I get the message "L&R Generators Off" after engine startup. The only generator switches i can find is on the upper right of the fwd overhead, but they are on... In the electrics part of the ops manual, they are showing exactly the same switches for the generators. But mine just doesn't want to kick in! mad.pngDoes anyone have a clue?Thx in advance!/Wasso smile.png

The only generator switches i can find is on the upper right of the fwd overhead
Upper Left. Above the APU Gen switches.

Clarke Kruger - CYEG 

Upper Left. Above the APU Gen switches.
Oh, that was the the switches i meant... Just mixin' upp left and right blush.gifAnyway, a reboot of my computer seemed to help. It's working fine now :)

One thing I would suggest is that if you get this message again, saying that the generators are off, move the switches to RESET position then back to ON. That oftentimes can fix the problem of them not coming online without you having to do anything more.Tim

One thing I would suggest is that if you get this message again, saying that the generators are off, move the switches to RESET position then back to ON. That oftentimes can fix the problem of them not coming online without you having to do anything more.Tim
Plane is very real. this also happens with the APU gen and has to be reset from time to time. Happens in real life. Dont fly her much becasue it is so real. Dont have the time to flight plan, load plan and follow ALL of the checklist. Becasue if you don't you are asking for trouble. Did not use the checklist the last time a flew her nad had problems with ground radar. Pilots of this plane need to be really paid. Carl Perry 7+ year sim pilot

Plane is very real. this also happens with the APU gen and has to be reset from time to time. Happens in real life. Dont fly her much becasue it is so real. Dont have the time to flight plan, load plan and follow ALL of the checklist. Becasue if you don't you are asking for trouble. Did not use the checklist the last time a flew her nad had problems with ground radar. Pilots of this plane need to be really paid. Carl Perry 7+ year sim pilot
Yes, this can also happen with the APU generator that it needs reset at times. I haven't flown the Maddog for a while (been flying the MD-11F around Asia) but am planning to start getting some hours in when I get back to Europe shortly. I truly do love the Maddog, it's an amazing simulation of an amazing aircraft!Tim

For most problems like this, asking the ground crew via the FS top bar, to fix all problems usually works