Sign in to follow this  
ress

3 CTDs no addons,

Installd FSX three weeks ago, also SP 1 and 2 in proper order, in the last week I have had 3 CTDs with the dreaded blue circle and then shutdown. I have not used any add on. I get an error event ID 1000 Task Cat (100) Fault MODNAME ntdll.dll.In light of all the posts qnd frustations with this problem, is it easier to do a uninstall and clean restall.Will rename the FSX.cfg and letting FDX build a new file possibly cure this probem?Frustrated new FSX user, do not really want to revert to X Plane as FDX has so much more to offer.

Guest jahman

Not sure this will cure your CTDs, but just in case, it's good practice to start FSX before installing SP1, then again before installing SP2.You can always rename FSX.cfg to something else and have FSX create a new one to see if that fixes you problem.Cheers,- jahman.

Guest firehawk44
Installd FSX three weeks ago, also SP 1 and 2 in proper order, in the last week I have had 3 CTDs with the dreaded blue circle and then shutdown. I have not used any add on. I get an error event ID 1000 Task Cat (100) Fault MODNAME ntdll.dll.In light of all the posts qnd frustations with this problem, is it easier to do a uninstall and clean restall.Will rename the FSX.cfg and letting FDX build a new file possibly cure this probem?Frustrated new FSX user, do not really want to revert to X Plane as FDX has so much more to offer.
Here's an explanation and some possible fixes: http://www.dll-error-fixes.com/dealing-common-ntdlldll-errors/ . I think you have an issue somewhere with your memory (the memory in your computer). Others have tried deleting the FSX.cfg but that did not cure the problem. Uninstalling/reinstalling FSX did not work. This is a system error pushed by operating FSX. Did you actually receive a Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) or did FSX just shut down? A BSOD would completely shut down your computer. I have gotten this error a couple of times with my older computer system and it occurred when too many things were happening in FSX, like ATC providing info, real world weather was enabled, changing scenery situations by pushing the 'S' or 'A' keys, and lots of sound. As I recall I avoided those memory intensive situations as much as possible and the problem went away. We don't know your system specs and that would be needed to provide further advice and assistance. If you got an actual BSOD, then you should download the blue screen viewer (Google blue screen viewer) and run it. It will immediately tell you about every BSOD you received and provide the exact name of the driver(s) that caused the problem. You can then Google the name of those drivers and you will find posts where others have had the same experience and what they did to resolve their problem. I have had several BSOD's running FSX and it turned out my bios overclocked the memory modules beyond their capability causing the crash. I simply went into the bios and reset the settings to Auto, saved the settings and the problem went away.Hope this helps!Best regards,Jim

Thanks Jim it did not shut down the computer, just quit to the desktop each time. My systemCPU AMD PH II X 4955 3.2 Quad L3 6mbBOARD Gigabyte Tech M 68MT 03Nvidia Gforce 7025MEMORY DDR 3 4Gig in two sticksGRAPHIC CARD Nividia GForce GTX 460 Driver 266.58Windows 7 (64)ress

Guest firehawk44
Thanks Jim it did not shut down the computer, just quit to the desktop each time. My systemCPU AMD PH II X 4955 3.2 Quad L3 6mbBOARD Gigabyte Tech M 68MT 03Nvidia Gforce 7025MEMORY DDR 3 4Gig in two sticksGRAPHIC CARD Nividia GForce GTX 460 Driver 266.58Windows 7 (64)ress
There is no known solution to the NTDLL error in FSX. Your system should handle FSX w/o problem though as long as you don't push the sliders up too far. I would return FSX to the default settings and see if that fixes the problem then slowly move your sliders up.Best regards,Jim