Sign in to follow this  
flytrumpet767

P67 MB with sys fan speed control

Like the topic says, I'm wondering if there's a P67 board that lets you control the speed of the fans that are connected to it. I just installed 2 2000RPM fans in my case and although it's nice and cool, it's also noisy. My ASUS P5QL PRO runs them full tilt with no way to slow them down. Maybe if there's a MB that allows for fan control I'll be able to convince my wife that an upgrade is needed... :Whistle: Thanks

You might consider installing a Fan Controller, such as one from this assortment at Newegg. A simple model is only $7.

Noel Wiebracht

--------------------

i7-2600K@4.8||Gigabyte P67A-UD7||8 Gb Mushkin Redline DDR3 1600||Gigabyte GTX580 x 2||Noctua NH-D14||Crucial SATAIII 256Gb x 2||CoolerMaster Silent Pro Gold 1200W||Coolermaster RC-942 HAF X||Dell U3011 30"|Multiple Monitors w/TH2goD-DH2goD-Touchscreens||Win7 64 Pro||FSX Gold

Apart of the fan controller:You can use Speedfan with the chasis fans (there're two of them) in P67 boards. Maybe there're differences from board to board, but that's the case at least for the P8P67 and the P8P67 PRO If you need to control more fans, you can connect 2 fans to 1 chasis input of your mobo with one 3 pin splitter 1 female - 2 maleActually you have a chasis fan in your P5QL PRO, so you could do that to with one of those splitters:3-pin-fan-power-y-cable-splitter-new-8bafb.jpgAnother option is to use your BIOS settings to lower the speed of the fansAnd a third option would be to use this cables with resistors to reduce the amount of current that gets to the fans:FA-ZASC.jpg

Thanks guys. I should have thought about the fan controller since I have one attached to my CPU cooler...That being said, I'm now getting used to the noise which is not too bad (kind of like the air conditionning noise in the cabin of a plane...makes it more realistic when flying..)Dario, I see we have the exact same case. How many fans do you have in it? Also, what's your configuration as far as blowing in or out. I have one of my faster fans on the side panel blowing in, and the other faster one at the back blowing out. I also have the 2 that came with the case at the top, but I'm not sure yet if they should be blowing in or out.Thanks for the input.

I have tons of fans, most of them completely useless probably. Been wanting to test the effect on temps of different configs but have not got round to it yet.Right now I have a 12cm (Gentle Typhoon 1850RPM) in the front blowing air into the case, a Noctua 12cm in the front underneath the GT blowing in towards the HDD's, three more 12cm Gentle Typhoon 1850RPM straped to my NH-D14, one more Gentle Typhoon 1850RPM blowing out at the back and a NB BlackSilent Pro 14cm 1700RPM at the top blowing out.All the Gentle Typhoons and the BlackSilent regulated with a Scythe Kaze Server in manual mode (could have simply got the 1450RPM GT's or used some of those resistor things, but oh well)Usually side fans just make things worse, as they disrupt air flow, so I would try without that one.Also negative pressure is supposed to keep temps lower, but also sucks more dust into the case. Negative pressure means more air blowing out than blowing in.YMMV though,so your best bet would be to test it yourself and see what works for you