Sign in to follow this  

Delivery Origins

Where does each Manufacturer deliver to the airlines from?Boeing: Boeing Field/ King County of Everett Schnohomish (HAHA! sp.)??Airbus: Toulouse Blagnac??Canadair: Montreal Dorval?ZACH

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

I can only answer for Bombardier here. Anyways,The Global Express Buisiness Jets are flown in the "green" state to Montreal where the customers interior options are installed. Those alone are worth up to $10 million depending on what they want. The jet itself cost $50 million. BTW those figures are all CDN $'s but it's still a large chunk o change. I think Sharon Stone and Oprah Winfrey both own one.The Dash 8 aircraft (all series 100 thru 400) are assembled in Toronto and usually picked up in Downsview at the factory's delivery centre, or at the Pearson airport delivery center. Dunno if they're still using Pearson or not now. And I'm sure there have been occasions where they've been delivered to the customer.I believe the RJ's are picked up by the customer in Montreal.The CL415's are made in North Bay, Ontario and again, picked up there.I believe that most of the airlines pick up their aircraft at the facility that manufactured it. That way the pilots and tech reps get to go over the aircraft before accepting it. Selling a multi-million dollar aircraft takes a lot of paper work and time by a team of people, and the airline wants to make sure that it is getting what they paid for. And they can get picky. "this screw needs to painted" etc. Hope this helps,CF-AOA

Actually Boeing has a huge department here in Long Beach, they make the 717 and the c-17 here, I fly over the c-17 plant and see the 717s every saturday when I fly. :)

Boeing delivers 737 and 757 at Boeing Field; 777 and 747 aircraft at Everett, I think the 767 is delivered in from a plant in the mid-west - I want to say Oklahoma City but I might be wrong; and the 717 and c717s from the old Douglas plant in Long Beach.

I think you are right. I went back and checked out the Boeing site. The Wichita plant makes sub-assemblies for various Boeing airplanes which are then shipped to assembly factories in Renton and Everett. St. Louis is the old McDonnel military aircraft factory and home to the Super Hornet line and the F-15 line. 737s and 757s are assembled in Renton, and delivered at Boeing Field. 747s, 767s and 777s are assembled in Everett, and delivered there as well, I believe.