Sign in to follow this  
Jen

Bojote's tweaking & tuning tool for FSX

I downloaded the above program and when I went to install the FPS_Limiter_0.2 (Executable file), I got the following msg: "Unable to start because HookHelper.dll is missing from your computer. I haven't a clue as to what HookHelper.dll does, or even where to find it in order to install to limit my FPS to 30 FPS_Externally. Has anyone run into this problem before, I if so, how does one go about rectifying this particular problem?Regards,jack noulet

You have to have all the files in the same folder in order for it to execute.
Could you elaborate on how to get all the files in the same folder etc? I downloaded the FPS_Limiter_0.2 using WinZip 15.0 and got the following 6 files:FPS_Limiter.exeHookHelper.dllLimiter_D3D8.dllLimiter_D3D9.dllLimiter.OGL.dllFPS_Limiter_GUI.jarHow do I get these files into the same folder and after that, how do you go about getting the program to start? I'm a computer novice, so please take it easy on me..:( jack noulet

If it came as a .zip file, you will need winrar, I'm assuming you already have that. All you need to do, is drag the files into a folder of your choice, anywhere. Then you execute the FPS_Limiter_GUI.jar file and then browse for the fsx.exe file, you input the number of frames you want locked.The thing you have to remember is.When you create the file, it will be created in the folder with all the other files, you can make shortcuts of the file usually something like "fsx.exe.limited" as a windows batch file type, what you cannot do however, is take that file out of that folder as it needs to cooperate with all the other files in the folder. So you can create shortcuts. BUT DO NOT REMOVE THAT FILE FROM THE FOLDER unless you take the rest of the files with you.

Be sure to install Java to run the JAR file. I had the same problem at first, a quick google about JAR files pointed me in the right direction.

Thanks everyone for your inputs. You were very helpful.Regards,jen noulet