Sign in to follow this  
pilotba747

Horizon VFR photographic scenery generation X England and Wales

Hi,I am an occasional poster here, although I haven't posted anything in a long time. I am currently sticking with FS9 mainly because of the investment in time and money that I have made in the sim. I am a user of Horizon VFR photographic scenery generation X England and Wales. Since the demise of the VFR Addons Database web site I have been busy producing agn and xml files for the above product at the rate of between 200 and 500 a month depending on time available. I currently have in excess of 55,000 a lot that I have downloaded from the internet from various sites and authors but I have in excess of 20,000 that I have produced myself. I would be interested because of the time it takes to produce these files in sharing the files I have with anybody else out there that would like to receive them and share theirs with me. I hope I am not violating any rules of the site or copy write agreements as I am only offering to send and receive agn and xml files.Peter

Hi peter,I've been doing something similar myself. I usually use AgenT to place detailed autogen on the approach paths into the major airports from the UK VFR autogen library, then use 'AutoTrees' to quickly give some foliage coverage to the entire country. Nothing too detailed as 95% of my flights are IFR, but just enough to give a good impression of the area, eg lots of terraced houses on the approach to the 27's at Heathrow. Which areas have you been working on? Would certainly appreciate any work covering areas that I've not focused on.Cheers

Hi,I use AgenT also with autotrees sparingly with a lot of tidying up afterwards as I find it to be too inacurate for my liking, sometimes it is good sometimes it is way off. I too have done some work around EGLL with extensions way to the west and east covering London out to way past Canary Wharf and east London, Luton, Liverpool through to Manchester, Blackpool out towards Preston, Barrow-in-Furness (my home town but not where I live now) The north East North of Newcastle down through Co Durham covering Durham Tees Valley (Teesside) Middlesbrough Hartlepool down to south of Dishforth and west to Bishop Auckland (where I live now) plus in the north all the way across country to Carlisle, Leeds Bradford east through Humberside and south to Chesterfield, Birminham Airport extending in all directions approx 15Km parts of the Isle of Man from the airport North plus many more I can't remember.Luton was my first area and I look back now it wasn't very good, still learning, will go back one day and will redo. Agns are a mixture of tree only, tree plus buildings and tree, buildings and lights.Regards,Peter