Sign in to follow this  
Scott Miller

Can't install Piper Arrow

Just downloaded the free edition of the CLS Piper Arrow from SimMarket. When I tried to install it I got "CLS Piper Arrow.exe is not a valid Win32 application". I'm running Windows (XP Pro to be exact) so why am I getting this message? Post the same message on CLS' support forum and was told to download the Piper Arrow from their webshop page and try to install it again. I did but got the same message! I noticed that both copies of the download file were 162mb but when unzipped the exe file along with the pdf manual and repaint files total less than 80mb...weird! Obviously, I could use a bit of help here...Thanks! Scott Miller

Mine installed with no issues on the same Operating System.The auto-installer exe file is 159, 241 KB in size - that is what I got when I unzipped the download to a temporary folder first.The actual download - CLS-250.zip - is 162,074 KB. It was unzipped using WinZip.Might be worth checking your files sizes.

Mine installed with no issues on the same Operating System.The auto-installer exe file is 159, 241 KB in size - that is what I got when I unzipped the download to a temporary folder first.The actual download - CLS-250.zip - is 162,074 KB. It was unzipped using WinZip.Might be worth checking your files sizes.
Actually, the problem was caused by something about the zipped file not being compatible with PKzip. Your comments gave me the idea of unpacking the zipped file using the Compressed (zipped files) Folder option. The installer ran properly once I did that. Even though PKzip has been around quite a while it still works just fine most of the time. Every once in a while, though, I come across a zipped file that gives it fits for some reason...PKzip couldn't unpack Navigraph's FMS zipped data files for several months starting back in November. It was able to unpack them last month ok though...