Sign in to follow this  
M0DPSYCH

Win7 64 bit compatability with PMDG software

Hi All,I am new to the forum and am wanting some advice. I have recently purchased a new computer with the following specs: Intel i7 3.02ghz quad core; gigabyte x58a-ud3r mb; 6gb ram; gtx580 video card; sound card; 1tb hdd; dvd; 23" monitor and Windows7 Home premium 64 bit. I am running FSX. My question is this: I wish to purchase some of the PMDG addons for FSX but before spending my hard earned money was wanting to know if they would run under a 64bit OS. Some of the ones I am interested in are 747-400; MD11; BAe JS4100 to start with. Any help/ advice you can give would be greatly appreciated.Kind RegardsGary

Guest jahman

No problems at all with:1. PMDG B-747-400 v. 2.12. Windows Vista-64-SP23. FSX Acceleration4. FSUIPC v. 4.6675. GoFlight driver v. 1.95.0.46. Silicon Labs CP210x USB to UART Bridge v. 6.3.0.07. Flightsimlabs driver for GoFlight for PMDG B-747-400 v. 1.0.0.18. Flightsimlabs driver for Engravity CDU for PMDG B-747-400 v. 1.0.0.3I can't believe all of this actually works (seems like a miracle), but it really does!Cheers, -jahman.

Hi All,I am new to the forum and am wanting some advice. I have recently purchased a new computer with the following specs: Intel i7 3.02ghz quad core; gigabyte x58a-ud3r mb; 6gb ram; gtx580 video card; sound card; 1tb hdd; dvd; 23" monitor and Windows7 Home premium 64 bit. I am running FSX. My question is this: I wish to purchase some of the PMDG addons for FSX but before spending my hard earned money was wanting to know if they would run under a 64bit OS. Some of the ones I am interested in are 747-400; MD11; BAe JS4100 to start with. Any help/ advice you can give would be greatly appreciated.Kind RegardsGary
See my specs below. I run all of the current PMDG FSX products and have had no issues at all with them.

Same here, no problems whatsoever. I would recommend you check out *******/NickN setup procedures though as they have really put together a solid procedure for installing and tweaking FS.

Hi Guys,Thank you so much for your advice, I really appreciate it. I will now purchase one of them (It is a Hard decision in itself knowing which one to get first) and post back how it goes.Best Wishes and once again ThanksHappy FlyingGary

I am running Win7 64 bit and everything was working good until I bought and installed PMDG 747-400x for FSX.I can no longer connect to multiplay using the FSHostClient 1.1.I can no longer connect to multiplayer with FS9 either.I have my old XP computer and it still connects fine so it is not a network problem.All I know is everything was fine until I installed that add-on.

Same here, no problems whatsoever. I would recommend you check out *******/NickN setup procedures though as they have really put together a solid procedure for installing and tweaking FS.
Also recommend the nvidia config guide in the PMDG forumhttp://forum.avsim.net/topic/324786-nvidia-configuration-guide-inspector-2xxxx-drivers-version-20-explanations-of-all-settings/scott s..