Sign in to follow this  
Tom Allensworth

Thank you Tom

Mr. Allensworth, you are a true gentleman. Being a student of Embry-Riddle, I can think of no better way for the simulated flight world to support young aspiring students in the real world. Students that attend this university, both Daytona and Prescott campuses, are true to their profession. It is assured that whomever this scholarship is awarded to each year will greatful as well as deserving.Once again,Thank you

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

P.S. Whats the deal with no views and no replies being indicated?

A question about ERAU...It seems to me that 4 years and the flight ratings would cost some $150,000 total, compared to U of North Dakota at some $100,000 , and St. Cloud State (a university here in Minnesota) for some $70,000. Do you know the real figures for ERAU? Oh, and by the way, ever hear of Klyde Morris? :-)http://www.klydemorris.com-Lukexcom, :-wave----BEGIN FS CODE BLOCK----G:KMSP a--- R FS+++ F++ P X++ FU+++ C++ H++ O V+++ AVSIM+++ TS+++-----END FS CODE BLOCK-----

To tell you the truth, I really don't know the figures. I'm just gonna take out student loans and pay them all back in 10 years, however much they may be. I know that last year, I spent around 4,000 for my instrument rating. I don't know how the other programs are set up, but I know that I don't really mind the higher costs. We have 71 aircraft on the flight line, and all but a few of the older Mooneys have state of the art avionics. Our Seminole fleet was shipped off to Chicago this summer to be outfitted with instruments built around a dual GNS430 stack. We are constantly swapping out 172Rs with Cessna for new S models with the KLN94. Also, we're located in Class C. I don't know about those other schools. At any given moment during the day, I'd say we have 40-50 percent of our fleet up, not to mention the 5 or 6 other major flight schools in the area. Even though its all below 150 knots, the emphasis on alertness is ever present.As for Klyde, he's a regular in our school paper "The Avion". Sometimes it takes one of those smart engineers to figure out what he's trying to say though.

Thank you. But the entire senior staff of AVSIM voted and agreed on that initiative (not just me). We are confident that the program will be an excellent one and any recipient will deserve the assistance. Look for details to appear in the next couple of weeks.

"It seems to me that 4 years and the flight ratings would cost some $150,000 total, compared to U of North Dakota at some $100,000 , and St. Cloud State (a university here in Minnesota) for some $70,000. Do you know the real figures for ERAU?"Of course the reason is simply because ERAU is private. I've met a number of students who transferred from Prescott mostly because of the tuition costs. When evaluating the universities I found their equipment to be mostly comparable (almost all new), their standardization and 141 programs to be mostly the same, and the reputation to be nearly even. It's the endowment + state contributions + class integration with the already-existing university + cheaper cost-of-living that makes the price difference. One just has to put up with the cold winter and mosquito-laden summer. I'm a Seattleite so I already miss the mountains 1 year into the program.When I was doing my evaluation there were two, maybe three things that tipped the scales towards UND. The sims were extremely well-equipped (hopefully they'll get the level-6 CRJ FTD installed this year). They have Schweizer copters, Decathlons, C182 amphib, Super Cub, Baron, and a JetRanger, all with associated training programs & ratings. The third was the connection they have with Alaska Air Group with whom I hope to be in the next five or so years.But as I said, the two appear to have about equal training programs.Michaelps- I asked Ron Levy on the AOPA boards and he was actually the first to suggest UND to me.pps- how long has Klyde been on Avweb?