Sign in to follow this  
brucewtb

PMDG 747-400 install hassle

Out of the blue I seem to have a problem with my PMDG 747-400 install that has worked without a hitch for three years. When I attempt to load the load manager I get an appcrash with the offending module being KERNELBASE.dll. Then when I attempt to load the 747 in FSX the VC panel loads but all the display screens are black. Then, just to cap things off, the normal PMDG menu items that should appear under Add-ons are not there. By the way this is a properly licensed install. My other PMDG aircraft, the JS41 and the MD11 work fine. Any suggestions appreciated.Bruceb

Bruce Bartlett

Frodo: "I wish none of this had happened." Gandalf: "So do all who live to see such times, but that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."

The way FSX works, don't be surprised if every now and then a complex ac like the 747 has to be reinstalled. If you told me that you hadn't installed any other add-ons or made any modifications to your PC in those three years, then I might think there was a problem.

The way FSX works, don't be surprised if every now and then a complex ac like the 747 has to be reinstalled. If you told me that you hadn't installed any other add-ons or made any modifications to your PC in those three years, then I might think there was a problem.
Well I have done a reinstall and now when I load the 747 I get an appcrash with fault module being PMDG_747400_Main.DLL. So what do I do now!!Thanks

Bruce Bartlett

Frodo: "I wish none of this had happened." Gandalf: "So do all who live to see such times, but that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."

Well I have done a reinstall and now when I load the 747 I get an appcrash with fault module being PMDG_747400_Main.DLL. So what do I do now!!Thanks
Well things are just getting worse and worse as well as the appcrash with the new 747 install now my MD11 install is corrupted in the same way that my original 747 install was, ie blank display on all gauges and no PMDG menu items under addons. Futhermore the JS41 is showing visual artifacts. All this has happened after reinstalling the 747 thirty minutes ago there have been no other changes. Other complex aircraft eg LDS 767, F1 Mustang load normally.So what the hec is going on?? Clues anyone?ThanksBruceb

Bruce Bartlett

Sounds like its time to get a support ticket from PMDG.
Looks that way. Now the MD11 load manager is displaying the same error that the 747 load manager did before the reinstall - APPCRASH with the fault module being KERNELBASE.dll. Didn't do this yesterday before the 747 reinstall. On the face of things a new PMDG install (or reinstall) is corrupting existing PMDG installs. Suspected dll.xml but that hasn't been updated for some months well before these problems and its syntax looks fine to me.Bruceb

Bruce Bartlett

Looks that way. Now the MD11 load manager is displaying the same error that the 747 load manager did before the reinstall - APPCRASH with the fault module being KERNELBASE.dll. Didn't do this yesterday before the 747 reinstall. On the face of things a new PMDG install (or reinstall) is corrupting existing PMDG installs. Suspected dll.xml but that hasn't been updated for some months well before these problems and its syntax looks fine to me.Bruceb
Just an update on this. It turns out that there was some type of incompatibility between the MD11 installer and my three year old 747 installer. Switching to the latest 747 installer from PMDG fixed the problem.Bruceb

Bruce Bartlett