Sign in to follow this  
Gridley

ultimate traffic and FS2004

Guest Speed

just built it recently:P4 3gig overclocked to 3.3gigASUS p4p 800mhz bus moboradeon 9800pro 128mb video card1gig kingston hyper ram pc4000 dual channel ddr500watt psuits all in a clear acrylic case with 5 blue glowing case fans so it looks as good as it is fast.Speed.

Guest diajohn2

I have used Ultimate Traffic since it was upgraded and prior with FS2002. It is wonderful to have real type traffic everywhere. I have a newly built machine AMD Barton 2500, 2 x 512 PC3200 dual channel memory, a new Shuttle AN35N Ultra motherboard nVidia nForce2, and a Sapphire (ATI) 9600xt video card. I run the simulator with most things maxed out and traffic at 100%. My normal airport is Heathrow and it does slow down somewhat but remains fluid throughout even when it drops to 10FPS or so. Normally I can run at 20FSP which is plenty and allow scenery to be very good.Ultimate Traffic ran fine on my older system with FS9 although it slowed quite a bit at busier airports and I had to use simple clouds. I did not find lowering the level of traffic to make a significant difference with the old Thunderbird 1.1 and 512 of pc133 and a older video card. It was a bit like watching a slow slide show on landing at Heathrow but otherwise did fine.John

I run UT at 100% with almost everything maxed (95% mesh and very dense scenery and autogen) and live with 12FPS on landing at major airports. I usually fly GA routes away from class b, and love watching tons of contrails overhead. I maintain 20FPS everywhere else. Even KBOS has decent frames (>15).Mine is a P4-2.26 w533FSB 768MB PC2100DDR RAM, Geforce4 ti4600 128MB. I run at 1024x768x32x2QAAx2XAA. Loving every FS9 second!EDIT: I should add that I have deleted default.xml autogen and I use FPS and fix clouds from FSW...without those tweaks, I wouldn't be able to maintain said FPS.

I7-7700k@4.7ghz | 32gb RAM | EVGA GTX1080 8gb | Mostly P3Dv5 (also IL2:BoX, DCS, XP11)