Sign in to follow this  
ega

Scenery level

Hi,When a add-on scenery creator says that his scenery should be on a scenery level higher than a certain default one what this really means?For example, if in my scenery.cfg I have his scenery at, say, Layer=63 and the default he mentions is at Layer=25, I think I have to move up that add-on scenery to, say, Layer=20. Can someone comfirm please?ThanksEdmundo

Edmundo Azevedo

No, the Scenery Library listing controls the priority. Start FS200X to the Main Menu, select settings, Scenery Library. A listing will appear. If you addon scenery is shown at the top, i.e., 1, 2, etc. and the scenery you want excluded is below, i.e., 25, 26, 125, then your scenery has a higher priority than the original scenery.You could be at the very bottom of the scenery.cfg file but your scenery could be the highest priority in the scenery library scheme.W. Sieffert

Guest sgreenwood

Hi Edmundo,Accurate terminology is important here, and "scenery level" is a poor description, adding to the confusion. What he really means is that the add-on Layer number in the cfg file should be larger than the Layer number of the (default) scenery it it replacing. Or that the add-on Priority number in the Scenery Library should be smaller than the Priority number of the default scenery it is replacing."For example, if in my scenery.cfg I have his scenery at, say, Layer=63 and the default he mentions is at Layer=25, I think I have to move up that add-on scenery to, say, Layer=20."No, it should be OK as it is. Entries in the scenery.cfg file determine how scenery is rendered. The Area parameter is numbered sequentially, and seems to serve no real function. The Layer parameter determines the "priority", where higher Layer numbers have a higher "priority". Imagine the sim rendering Layer 1, then Layer 2, ... If scenery in a higher Layer includes an area already processed, it will replace that lower Layer information.This is all you need to know if you are editing the cfg file manually. The Scenery Library is a utility FS provides for visually managing the cfg file, nothing more. Instead of showing the Layer numbers, MS has chosen to represent them with a Priority value, where the numerically larger Layer numbers are assigned smaller Priority numbers. So the highest Priority is 1, representing the largest Layer number. It sorts the screen display using the Priority numbers, making it easy to see the relationships between Layers.This utility does make it easy to change the Layer numbers ("priority") accurately. Just remember that it is really just changing the Layer numbers in the cfg file. The Priority numbers in the utility exist only on that screen.Stevewww.fs-traveler.com

Steve and W., Many thanks for your clarification!RegardsEdmundo

Edmundo Azevedo