Sign in to follow this  
toocsquatch

AI traffic problems, questions

I have some questions regarding AI traffic that I'm trying to work out. I'm using FS2004 with AISeparation software, AFCAD, AITM.1) While AISeparation does a good job of separating arrivals there is still the problem of some aircraft flying approach at slower speeds than others, i.e. B738 overtaking MD80. I had seen a posting on another forum about how some simmers were using "FS microsoft flight dynamics settings" for ALL their AI aircraft, resulting in consistent spacing down the final approach courses. Does anyone know what these settings are and how they would be applied to a variety of AI aircraft (Aardvark, PAI, TFS, AIM,etc)? I believe this would allow a more efficient use of AISep.2) When plane watching at KORD I've noticed that aircraft inbound from KMCI, KICT, KMKE and KSEA don't show up for landing. All other airports usually show up. In the case of KMCI I've monitored the arriving a/c using AISep and when he appears in the list his altitude and heading never change. He shows up on the list about 35-40 miles out @ 17000, heading approx. 40 degrees, gets within 20-25 miles of KORD, then "rides off into the sunset," never to be seen from again. I tried changing enroute altitude from FL270 to 3000, but that didn't work, either. Also it doesn't matter what a/c it is, as both AAL and UAL fly all different types from KMCI to KORD.Thanx in advance for any help provided.

What add on traffic are you using? There must be enough parking for all the AI you add. I think it may be possible to separate your traffic too much so that there is a conflict with the flight plan.Bob

Bob

i5, 16 GB ram, GTX 960, FS on SSD, Windows 10 64 bit, home built works anyway.

I use mostly AIG flightplans, but I reduce percentage of regionals so that I average approximately 60-65 arrivals during busiest hours, and I have multiple arrival runways including 9L-27R. Parking is not a problem as I have more than enough spaces...^

What add on traffic are you using? There must be enough parking for all the AI you add. I think it may be possible to separate your traffic too much so that there is a conflict with the flight plan.Bob

I use mostly AIG flightplans, but I reduce percentage of regionals so that I average approximately 60-65 arrivals during busiest hours, and I have multiple arrival runways including 9L-27R. Parking is not a problem as I have more than enough spaces...^
Well, seems I may not be much help to you. 1. I only run default traffic (with realworld repaints), plus traffic for airports I create.B. It is difficult for me to believe 60 arrivals an hour as possible for FS. Especially since...3. 9L-27R is one runway and can only be used by one plane at a time. I think you would need three dedicated landing runways to make 60+ arrivals work. And open taxiways to move that kind of traffic around.C. Again, I think with so much traffic, all the software you use to space them out may delay them so much that they just go off to their next destination. If a plane misses its arrival time by too much, it will dissapear and reappear at the next destination. It is not like the real world where a plane waits however long that it must to land, then depart again.5. Can you land at KORD?E. Hopefully, someone who has made it work will chime in.Bob

Bob

i5, 16 GB ram, GTX 960, FS on SSD, Windows 10 64 bit, home built works anyway.

Actually I use star technique to get all runways working so, for example, landing west on 27R and 27L, 28 and 32L. Depart 28 and 22L. I've had success upwards of 92%, or about 54-55 out of 60/hour.I do have open taxiways otherwise a/c will be stuck trying to cross active runways. I've toyed with the isea of using AITM to change times of arrivals so that I get 2 every 2 minutes for 60/hr.Still doesn't do much for the problem of KMCI, KSEA traffic not being vectored for landing. I can usually get in, sometimes required go around, depends on time of day. May try to use AI Smooth in conjunction with AISep.Thanx for the reply.

Well, seems I may not be much help to you. 1. I only run default traffic (with realworld repaints), plus traffic for airports I create.B. It is difficult for me to believe 60 arrivals an hour as possible for FS. Especially since...3. 9L-27R is one runway and can only be used by one plane at a time. I think you would need three dedicated landing runways to make 60+ arrivals work. And open taxiways to move that kind of traffic around.C. Again, I think with so much traffic, all the software you use to space them out may delay them so much that they just go off to their next destination. If a plane misses its arrival time by too much, it will dissapear and reappear at the next destination. It is not like the real world where a plane waits however long that it must to land, then depart again.5. Can you land at KORD?E. Hopefully, someone who has made it work will chime in.Bob