Sign in to follow this  
Guest Floyd312

Screwy Weather in FS9 and Traffic

Guest flynman2

Today I downloaded real WX with the engine supplied within FS9 because SEA is socked in with rain and some wind. The METAR that hour indicated a wind out of 180/12 but all of the UTtrafic was departing on 34R not 16L as what is happening in the real world.I also tried HiFis ActiveSkys and got the same results....I did a complete clearing of all weather before I tried these test......Is that screwy or what........any thought on what could be happing....Regards

Hi,It can take time for ATC to use the other runway... When the sim starts with ATC already initially planning on default, all ATC-controlled AI routes are started for the wrong runway. After the initial aircraft in the vicinity finish their takeoffs and landings, ATC will eventually switch. You might have success at saving a flight with the recent weather, then restarting FS using the saved flight as default...Hope that helps!Damian ClarkHiFi Simulation SoftwareDeveloper of ActiveSkyhttp://www.hifisim.comhttp://www.hifisim.com/images/as2004betateam.jpg

Damian Clark
HiFi  Simulation Technologies

Guest Floyd312

Whenever I change the weather settings I usually then change the time forward or back by a minute or so. Aparently changing the time causes FS to 'reset' the AI traffic because after the time change the traffic seems to use the correct runway.Don