Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

FLEX1978

GTX560TI Overclock Bliss :)

Wow it seems like a few looney's are out on the site today, I'm surprised the thread didn't get deleted!Anyway, a big thanks to everyone who suggested getting the GTX560 after my old GPU died. I just finished setting it up and applied Ryans tweaks and combined with a 50" LCD it blows my old ATI4870 away :) Setup was smooth and simple.Next step is to download the DCS-A10 onto my Win7 boot and I am ready to go. Its been nearly 3 months since I did a proper flight so a couple of touch & Go's in the MD11F should put a big smile on my face!One quick question, do I have to select the MS profile each time I boot my machine? and does clicking apply save the tweaks Ryan suggested? I did a quick check by selecting another profile and then going back to MS and it didn't seem to save.Cheers

Are you referring to the Nvidia Inspector profile? If so, no, that gets automatically applied by the video card whenever it detects FSX.exe running - that's one of the neat things the Nvidia drivers do that then AMD/ATI ones don't. The only time you need to go check the profiles is if you install a new driver version - I always recommend clean installs for the driver and you'll need to reset the settings after doing that.

Are you referring to the Nvidia Inspector profile? If so, no, that gets automatically applied by the video card whenever it detects FSX.exe running - that's one of the neat things the Nvidia drivers do that then AMD/ATI ones don't. The only time you need to go check the profiles is if you install a new driver version - I always recommend clean installs for the driver and you'll need to reset the settings after doing that.
Ah ok great, I thought that I would have to select the Inspector profile each time I run FS. I have given the machine a reboot and everything is saved correctly so time to do some flying :)