Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mark22

Any Alternatives to GE Pro?

Does anybody know or can recommend any alternative programmes, preferably a disc and not a download that is or almost as good as GE Pro? The reason I ask is that after numerous attempts GE Pro simply just does not work for me on my PC, think it's a compatability issue but I have already gone down that route. So I would like to know what alternative programme(s) I can install which are similar and achieve decent results. I have FS Global 2010 which I am going to re-install again as I have done a clean install of FS9. Previously I had VFR Photographic Scenery and VFR Terrain installed but I am not sure whether to install these again or not as it did use a lot of memory and take a while for the scenery to build up and refresh. That's why I wanted to try GE Pro but as I said it does not work on my machine so surely there must be similar products around? I did see a programme called Ground Textures Plus but it is no longer available which is a shame.

IF GE Pro doesn't work I would guess you are either missing or have some corrupt default textures. I would recommended restoring all default textures and trying to re-install GEPro. This is one of the very reasone the first thing I do when I install FS is backup all default textures from fs\texture as well as FS\World\Scenery\Texture Then anytime I have a CTD or blackscreen I just restore default textures then on my next flight GEPro will load textures from ASE and I am good to go...Just my .02,-PPS. sorry not to address the issue of alternatives, I have been a GEPro user for years and don't know what else is out there. Maybe Flight Environment?