Sign in to follow this  
Hirgab

Very few traffic with UT2

I took off from OMDB (Dubai International) yesterday and could have sworn not more than 3 or 4 Emirates Airlines were parked in the gates. The Airport was barren. I am using UT2 with 100% traffic. Would anyone know why the airport was barren?

UT2 only injects traffic I think 30 minutes prior to departure. You won't see aircraft that are just parked at the gate if they aren't going anywhere.

There is a workaround, but it will take some effort on your part. You can import an alternative flightplan for Emirates into UT2 through their module "Powerpack". Airline schedules imported into UT2 with the Powerpack do not fall under the 30 minute spawn limitation, and as a result you will see much more gate traffic, i.e. the flights that are not due to depart for an hour or more. But they will still take advantage of all that UT2 offers the user, such as flights using real routes, and the ability to tune the density of traffic to suit the capabilities of your hardware. I have used the powerpack approach for all the major airlines so that I can see more dense airport activity, which UT2 won't allow with its default schedules even at 100%. A nice, recent flightplan for Emirates can be found at the AVSIM library: aig_emirates_winter_2010-2011.zip. For an even easier method, you can go to world of ai and download their Emirates schedule. But that schedule will be much older than what is in UT2 and the alpha india fp. It would be the easiest because the woai installer will do all the work for you, whereas the powerpack scenairo requires you to look for and download the appropriate AI models/paints, and manually convert the alpha india schedule for UT2 to accept it.

I know this is an issue with UT --I would prefer the gate/taxi traffic over seeing planes flying around (cutting me off on approach or flying at the wrong flight levels which they do relentlessly).Black%20Eye.gif

Jim Atkins