Sign in to follow this  
brnt

FSX Acceleration serious lag issues Win 7

Operating System MSWindows 7 Home Premium 64-bit SP1CPU AMDPhenom II P960 43 °C Caspian45nm TechnologyRAM 4.0GBDual-Channel DDR3 @ 531MHz (7-7-7-20)Motherboard Hewlett-Packard1642 (Socket S1G4) 43 °CGraphics GenericPnP Monitor (1600x900@60Hz) AMDM880G with ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4250 Hard Drives 733GBTOSHIBA TOSHIBA MK7559GSXP ATA Device (SATA)Optical Drives hpDVDRAM GT31L ATA DeviceAudio IDTHigh Definition Audio CODEC Hello, I am having problems with running FSX Acceleration on my newHP laptop. I have not yet installed any add-on packages to the game, and I haveonly been running at default. I am getting poor fps performance. I have beengetting anywhere from 8 fps to 17 fps where the locked fps has been set at 30. The screen appears to be jerky and not very stable. I wasgetting much better performance for FSX Acceleration using Vista SP1. Does anyone have any suggestions about what I can do to getbetter performance, so that I can enjoy virtual aviation again? Thank you in advance.

IMHO a laptop is not really a suitable for FSX. Sure there are some laptops that are "Desktop Replacements" but they are made more for mobility rather than performance.My two cents...

CXA001-1.jpg

VATSIM: P2 | I1

Hewlett-Packard1642
oo.... no... oh... ow. Great Printers though.:Tounge:Seriously though--go through the NickN setup--the ******* tweaks and be prepared to not run sliders all to the right. Some of your gear is better than mine and I run great.Take your time and try different approaches. Took me a couple of years to get it the way I want.

Jim Atkins

Hello Everyone,Thank you all for taking the time to respond to my question about the serious lag issues that I was experiencing with FSX Acceleration in Win 7. I solved the problem by using this online utility:http://www.venetubo.com/fsx.htmlFSX Accelearation runs very well, and I can enjoy virtual aviation again.