Sign in to follow this  
John_Tavendale

download restart

Hi Can anyone help me please, is there any utility that allows you to restart a download should you get cut off, or if the download is large and you want to download it over a few days.eg if you have a download that would last approx 3 hours and your connection gets cut, and you reconnect can you restart down load where you left off?If there is such a utility where can I find it please, Thanks in advance

Ian, There is a utility called Download accelerator plus or DAP as it's also known available as freeware and payware, a search at Google should reveal download sites. It only works if the site you want to download from supports resumes. If it's a payware site such as Ariane...forget it, many users have been conned into buying the product on CD at rip off cost's and even bigger rip off shipping.Hope this helpsGeorge

Hi George,Thankyou for replying, ill check it out and see what I can find, Thanks again.Iain