Sign in to follow this  
RossBaxter

ATC not working....

Hello, First, I am new here so, hello!I registered because I have this uber annoying problem in that I cannot use my ATC. I shall try to do my best to describe the problem - I can bring the window up, and I can see my options. For this senario, Ill be at Glasgow Airport. So I have 2 options: 1 - Tune Glasgow ATIS and 2 - Tune Glasgow ground. If I select 2 for taking off I then get the usual options: Request taxi and so on and so fourth. However, If I press a number on my keyboard for one of these options nothing happens. No requests are made, nothing moves - its like I havent pressed anything. Similarly, If I press 1 at the main menu to tune ATIS, nothing happens - no airport information. The curious thing is, that I cannot figure out what it could be that is causing it. Its a clean install - installed only a few weeks ago after my HDD bust. It was working fine - I was talking to Leuchars ATC in a handy B-29 with no bother, then I decided to start another flight and it hasnt worked since.I have searched everywhere on the web for an answer, but I cannot find anything. Short of reinstalling (which i dont wannt do cos I have a nice collection of 3rd party planes added on (thank you AVSIM library!!) I dont know what to do.So does anyone have any idea what it could be?Thanks guys!

Hello, First, I am new here so, hello!I registered because I have this uber annoying problem in that I cannot use my ATC. I shall try to do my best to describe the problem - I can bring the window up, and I can see my options. For this senario, Ill be at Glasgow Airport. So I have 2 options: 1 - Tune Glasgow ATIS and 2 - Tune Glasgow ground. If I select 2 for taking off I then get the usual options: Request taxi and so on and so fourth. However, If I press a number on my keyboard for one of these options nothing happens. No requests are made, nothing moves - its like I havent pressed anything. Similarly, If I press 1 at the main menu to tune ATIS, nothing happens - no airport information. The curious thing is, that I cannot figure out what it could be that is causing it. Its a clean install - installed only a few weeks ago after my HDD bust. It was working fine - I was talking to Leuchars ATC in a handy B-29 with no bother, then I decided to start another flight and it hasnt worked since.I have searched everywhere on the web for an answer, but I cannot find anything. Short of reinstalling (which i dont wannt do cos I have a nice collection of 3rd party planes added on (thank you AVSIM library!!) I dont know what to do.So does anyone have any idea what it could be?Thanks guys!
Have you remembered to select a pilot voice in the FS9 options?Are you remembering to turn on your avionics?A.

photo-141290.gif?_r=1341161573?t=54318216?t=43542077

Also, are you sure you have the volume set up correctly? Which numbers are you pressing - the keypad on the right of your keyboard or the numbers at the top? If the former, make sure your num lock is on.Hope this helps.

i had that problem with a few planes before and it was because i had'nt started the plane.don't know if that helps or not, just my experience.

It's probably Glasgow Ground being stunned into silence by a request from your B-29 to taxi to the active... 737, 737, A320, Superfortress???Seriously, this has happened to me several times over the years and the reason has almost always been something stupid I've done or not done. For instance, I've...- forgotten to 'un-pause' the simulator, which is a surprisingly easy mistake to make if for instance your default flight is 'previous flight' and you paused before exiting FS the last time. Press P and try again;- forgotten to switch the avionics on;- let the a/c battery run down. Is the radio stack working at all? Load new flight, start engine(s) (or APU if your a/c has one), and then contact ATC - not realistic, but it works;- split a bottle of beer on the keyboard causing all manner of e-mayhem (not relevant here as your keystrokes are clearly being picked up properly - and not realistic either...).Also, this sort of thing is a known bug with some addons. The old PSS Dash-8 for instance always did this unless (IIRC) you fiddled around with some FSUIPC settings. So try with one of the default aircraft and see if that makes a difference. My guess is that it's one of the above or something that's equally obvious with hindsight and easily fixed.

It's probably Glasgow Ground being stunned into silence by a request from your B-29 to taxi to the active... 737, 737, A320, Superfortress???Seriously, this has happened to me several times over the years and the reason has almost always been something stupid I've done or not done. For instance, I've...- forgotten to 'un-pause' the simulator, which is a surprisingly easy mistake to make if for instance your default flight is 'previous flight' and you paused before exiting FS the last time. Press P and try again;- forgotten to switch the avionics on;- let the a/c battery run down. Is the radio stack working at all? Load new flight, start engine(s) (or APU if your a/c has one), and then contact ATC - not realistic, but it works;- split a bottle of beer on the keyboard causing all manner of e-mayhem (not relevant here as your keystrokes are clearly being picked up properly - and not realistic either...).Also, this sort of thing is a known bug with some addons. The old PSS Dash-8 for instance always did this unless (IIRC) you fiddled around with some FSUIPC settings. So try with one of the default aircraft and see if that makes a difference. My guess is that it's one of the above or something that's equally obvious with hindsight and easily fixed.
Haha yes, I have the Wings of Power Bombers pack and thought I would give the B-29 a spin. Im from Glasgow so just selected there by default! You all successfully got to the route of the problem - In my haste to always starta a flight cold and dark, I of course didnt realise that the battery and avionics had to be on in order to talk - so it is sorted now! As soon as I saw the first guy say "try the avionics" I immediately looked around me to make sure no one saw my mistake :PIn any case, Cheers guys!