Hi there,My system is an Intel Core due E8400 3.0ghz (not overclocked), 1333 Fulhd lga 775 ati rs600, ddr2 giga, 2gb ram, Vista 64bit, 650w psuI recently upgraded my graphics card from a Gforce 9500gt to a GTX460 and since I made the switch have been experiencing OOMS. These take the form of the little box popping up saying 'Your computer has run out of memory. FS9 will now close' or words to that effect. I have also had the BSOD with memory management error appear although lately this has not been happening. The error normally occurs when switching between different airports (for example resting after a complete reinstall) but also occurs when trying to complete a flight (normally before takeoff) I have read a lot about people getting ooms on approach but I cannot get that far.Before the GPU upgrade I was able to run FS9 to a relatively good standard with UT Europe, complex scenery, PMDG style aircraft, rex, radar contact, fspassengers without experiencing these errors. I am puzzled as to why this should happen and why it seems to have been brought on by the new GPU.I have tried numerous things as a result various searches - for instance a comprehensive defrag, altering the page file, complete reinstall etc but all to no avail. Other games work perfectly so I would be very grateful for any insights you might have.Have a nice weekend

You might want to a). run a defrag on the hard drive to clean up the swap space (OOMs), Oli, B). you could download Memtest to check your actual physical memory (BSoDs), and c). why would you have only 2GB of ram on a 64-bit system?? That defeats the reason for moving to a 64-bit system in the first place.

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

Dood, you need more memory (ram). Someone correct if i'm wrong, isn't the 460 going map more system memory -assuming the 460 has more video memory.And if it does, that could explain why you're seeing OOMs now?Get mo ram!

Dood, you need more memory (ram). Someone correct if i'm wrong, isn't the 460 going map more system memory -assuming the 460 has more video memory.And if it does, that could explain why you're seeing OOMs now?Get mo ram!
That's only relevant in 32b operating systems. OOM errors do not happen when you run out of physical memory (when that happens things slow down because it starts swapping from/to disk) it happens when the app runs out of virtual memory (addressable space)FS9 is a 32 bit app, so even though the OS is a 64 bit one, theoretically FS9 can only address 2GB of virtual memory. Why it started happening after changing the GPU I don't know, but you could try the 4GB patch in FS9 (not sure if it FS9 comes patched or not)I would try that and the basic stuff, like deleting the FS9.cfg file and reinstalling the driver after using driver sweeper to remove it 1.- download and install Driver Sweeper. 2.- uninstall the graphics driver. 3.- Reboot in safe mode 4.- Run driver sweeper and remove everything from NVIDIA5.- reboot and install the latest driver6.- Reboot againAnyway upgrading your RAM with 2GB more won't hurt, 2GB is not much, but that alone should not be the source of the OOM errors

Guest Kosta
Hi there,My system is an Intel Core due E8400 3.0ghz (not overclocked), 1333 Fulhd lga 775 ati rs600, ddr2 giga, 2gb ram, Vista 64bit, 650w psuI recently upgraded my graphics card from a Gforce 9500gt to a GTX460 and since I made the switch have been experiencing OOMS. These take the form of the little box popping up saying 'Your computer has run out of memory. FS9 will now close' or words to that effect. I have also had the BSOD with memory management error appear although lately this has not been happening. The error normally occurs when switching between different airports (for example resting after a complete reinstall) but also occurs when trying to complete a flight (normally before takeoff) I have read a lot about people getting ooms on approach but I cannot get that far.Before the GPU upgrade I was able to run FS9 to a relatively good standard with UT Europe, complex scenery, PMDG style aircraft, rex, radar contact, fspassengers without experiencing these errors. I am puzzled as to why this should happen and why it seems to have been brought on by the new GPU.I have tried numerous things as a result various searches - for instance a comprehensive defrag, altering the page file, complete reinstall etc but all to no avail. Other games work perfectly so I would be very grateful for any insights you might have.Have a nice weekend
Only ONE question:Did you change your fs9.exe to be largeaddressaware? Basically to be able to use 4GB of address space...?

Only ONE question:Did you change your fs9.exe to be largeaddressaware? Basically to be able to use 4GB of address space...?
that's exactly the "4GB patch" I just linked

Guest Kosta
that's exactly the "4GB patch" I just linked
Well, then I guess you have this one covered. Take care.

OK so I upgraded the drivers, defragged and rebuilt the page file, uninstalled all addon scenery and made sure that FS9 was patched for 4gig use.Also using windows task manager usage of physical memory without running anything is around 50%-60% - I know Vista hogs memory but does this seem high?Thanks for your help but I still have the same problem.Interestingly without any addon scenery activated I was able to move airports around the world without issue. Thinking I had solved the problem I reinstalled Geneva and Zurich from FSDT and tried to move between them - the OOM happened again.Any advice?

Guest Kosta
OK so I upgraded the drivers, defragged and rebuilt the page file, uninstalled all addon scenery and made sure that FS9 was patched for 4gig use.Also using windows task manager usage of physical memory without running anything is around 50%-60% - I know Vista hogs memory but does this seem high?Thanks for your help but I still have the same problem.Interestingly without any addon scenery activated I was able to move airports around the world without issue. Thinking I had solved the problem I reinstalled Geneva and Zurich from FSDT and tried to move between them - the OOM happened again.Any advice?
Running windows taks manager will not show you your FS9 VAS. VAS (virtual address space) is only shown through special tools, like Process Explorer for instance. There is a column which you can call up, called virtual space.If that number is not crossing 4GB, then the problem lies somewhere else.Check that first.The question also is if you are getting typical out of memory error.Can you post a screenshot of the error?

Guest Kosta

But dude... don't beat yourself.Right now, I did a 7hr flight from Heathrow to Boston, and on finals, I got g2d.dll crash.My VAS was 3.9, so was cutting pretty close, and no OOM. But still, I have NO IDEA why it really crashed. Everything was going very very smoothly.

But dude... don't beat yourself.Right now, I did a 7hr flight from Heathrow to Boston, and on finals, I got g2d.dll crash.My VAS was 3.9, so was cutting pretty close, and no OOM. But still, I have NO IDEA why it really crashed. Everything was going very very smoothly.
Happens to the best of us... not sure if you've seen my G3D theory thread on the main forums...I've been getting beaten by these G3D.dll ctd's lately...

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

I'm just puzzled why this is happening now after putting a new gpu in...There's no real point in giving a screenshot - nothing happens except a windows pop-up error box appears with the title line 'error' and says computer has run out of memory and fs9 will now close. There's no error report or option to click anywhere else at all. I don't seem to ge the vlue screens anymore which I know have more information.I used to be able to do EGLL-VHHH in PMDG 747 with a whole host of other things running without any error whatsover until I swapped the dang card - maybe my only option is to go back? Really don't want to though..

Guest Kosta

The graphic card has nothing to do with VAS. Nothing at all.The problem is, we still didn't CONFIRM the source - in all the time you reply without an definitive answer how much your VAS usage is. The crash you are describing is an overloaded VAS (4GB+), and if it's not, then it's not OOM. Simple as that.We can hardly help you if you don't do that.

Happens to the best of us... not sure if you've seen my G3D theory thread on the main forums...
Yep... seen it. But... mine is g2d.dll error.

The graphic card has nothing to do with VAS. Nothing at all.The problem is, we still didn't CONFIRM the source - in all the time you reply without an definitive answer how much your VAS usage is. The crash you are describing is an overloaded VAS (4GB+), and if it's not, then it's not OOM. Simple as that.We can hardly help you if you don't do that.Yep... seen it. But... mine is g2d.dll error.
Sorry I didnt see that - Ill try and get that for you tomorrow - I really do appreciate the help by the way - did not mean to give the impression that I didnt!

Yep... seen it. But... mine is g2d.dll error.
Lol I thought it was a typo... g2d - a new improved error. Oh well I got a ntdll.dll CTD today yay!Anyway to the OP, when I was getting OOMs with FS9 it was when I ran 4GB of RAM in a 32bit OS. Then again I'll get OOMs with FSX and 8GB ram, with Win 7 x64. Probably just happens with too much scenery and or payware planes.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |