Sign in to follow this  
stasork

R4D/DC-3/XC-47C performance chart

I loking for performance chart R4D/DC-3/XC-47C (particularly for r4d) like climb rate, fuel consumption ect. I know ther are in maam web site some manuals/ instructions but there are from real airplane. Thear are correct to simulator? Also thear are illegible. Maybe a more modern version (to print them, mayby in Excel or openoffice.math?).I'm flying with FsPassengers and trying to fly as smooth as possible. PS.I can't start the engines at low temperaturs manualy (but with PC can). What is the procedure for starting those beauties in the winter?

The beauty of the MAAM material is that they actually own the plane they are modeling and the reference material is very accurate to the FS model. To make the engines a bit easier to start, apply the following fix:

Engine Start Fix for MAAM DC3OK, seems the "fix" isn't being shared, so I think I found the actual issue, and it shouldn't affect anything in terms of the aircraft performance. Nothing was working for me until I tried this, after spending a couple of hours with the aircraft.cfg file and trying to reason things out. Here it is, and it should work for all:Find the [piston_engine] section in the aircraft.cfg.A little over halfway down, find the entry: "normalized_starter_torque=0.6"Change that value from 0.6 to 1.5.You now have enough rpms when engaging the starter to get the machine started.Hope that helps those that have been stuck on this one.

Lose not thine airspeed, lest the ground rise up and smite thee.

Thanks for your quick reply sydwdn.That's good to hear the dc-3 (maam) is so close to reality.But is thear more "readable" chart? Not so blurred.I would be very grateful.PS.Thank you very much for the fix engine.I will try it right away.