Sign in to follow this  
Guest Jimbofly

My new computer and FS2004

Today I got my new computer and I have been using FS2004 for most of the day, it runs great! I have all sliders maxed out and frames rates have not dropped below 30 even at Fly Tampa's Miami scenery it's beautiful!I do have a question about the new AFCAD though, where do you put the files? If it's for a downloaded scenery it goes into that scenery sub folder right? and if it is for a default airport it goes directly into the addon scenery folder? Then just start FS9 and the AFCAD will take effect right?I have the Radeon 9800 pro but Im still seeing alittle jagged edges, what do I have to adjust to get rid of those edges?Also I have a question for the guys who put together computers. On this new computer it has 3 or 4 fans for cooling, but it makes the computer loud. Is there a way to quiet it down?

Guest Jimbofly

If you want to get rid of the jagged edges in FS9 (or any other game, for that matter), you need to disable anti-aliasing in the FS9 menu, and enable 4x anti-aliasing or above in the control panel:right-click on your desktop, click on the Settings tab, click Advanced, click on the 3D tab, then ensure the Direct3D radio button is checked. Click the Use Custom Settings checkbox, then click the Custom button. You can set the antialiasing in there.You'll notice a huge improvement in the visual quality, and the performance won't take a hit (maybe a tiny fps hit, but definitely acceptable)Hope that helps!About the fans, you have to get special equipment which allows you to control the speed of the fans.James