Sign in to follow this  
michal

fs9 clouds/weather

this question was brought up earlier but there didnt seem to be a response that seemed to work. I have FSUIPC (newest version) and use updated weather from Jeppessen and the internet. I also use the low FPS clouds. Today with both of my flights I noticed this and it really got under my skin. On the ground at DTW the sky was overcast and there was fairly low visibility, I'd say around 2500. After takeoff I approached the overcast sky. Here is the problem, as I approach, the overcast becomes not as overcast and the clouds break. The clouds dont seem thick either. Once I get over the clouds, it becomes clear or scattered clouds. The same thing happens as I get lower. It went from clear to a little cloudy around 5000, then when I get to 2500, the sky becomes overcast and lower visibility. I did another flight right after from ORD-ATL and the same thing happened. I want a realistic weather environment where I can fly in clouds for a while or not have a completly different weather scene just pop up at me out of nowhere. Would a program like active sky help? What should my fsuipc settings and FS weather settings be? ThanksBrad Zimmer

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

DITTO!!!!!!!!!!!! How in the heck to you get around this goofy overcast/visibility glitch in FS9? I don't fly FS2004 very much at all because of both this and the screwed up violent wind shifts inherent with real-world FS2004 online weather. I thought the payware version of FSUIPC could resolve this issue in FS2004 but apparently it has very limited functionality with FS2004 in comparision to FS2002. Microsoft - We don't care because we don't have to - we're Microsoft