Sign in to follow this  
Guest DanielBu

FS2k4 on a Notebook. Anyone fly one?

Hi all,I asked this question a while ago, and got a very useful response from Ken S, but am keen to see if I can generate a few more replies....Looking to get a notebook, and whilst I appreciate it will never be as effective as a desktop, I'm hoping I can run FS9 on it, assuming I get one with a bit of grunt!I'm looking at a Dell or Toshiba, with 3Ghz+, and no less than 512Mb ram, and a decent graphics card.Looking to see if anyone out there has any strong feelings either way. Needless to say it's a large investment.CheersAllblack

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

I have FS2004 installed on a Toshiba Satellite with a P4 2.6 Ghz processor, 512 RAM and NVidia GeForce 4 440 MX card. Everything works very well with fairly good fsp and smoothness although I have to have the sliders turned down a bit.However, I could not upgrade the graphics card as it's hardwired to the mobo which is why I went and bought a new state of the art PC.Hope this helps.David

Hi Allblack,I am running it on a Sony Vaio PCG-GRT716S 2.8GHZ 768MB RAM GEForce Go5600 with 64MB RAM and it runs well with sliders only slightly down. My son has it running quite well on an ACER Travelmate 800LCi Centrino 1.3 GHz 512MB RAM ATI Mobility Radeon 9000 with 64MB RAM (a 1.3GHz Centrino runs about at the same performance level as a P4 2.2GHz)JJ StruyfBraine-L'AlleudBelgiumhttp://jdtllc.com/images/RCsupporter.jpg

I too am using the Acer Travelmate 800LCi. The Centrino CPU is quite fast for it's 1.3GHz. It's a lot faster than my desktop AthlonXP 1500+! From what I've heard, I wouldn't recommend a desktop CPU in a nb. The ATI9000 is fast enough, but I think it suffers a little from the 64MBs of RAM.The important thing is probably the graphics card. I've heard that Acer will come out with a Centrino and the ATI9600 in January, nothing definite though. So I'd wait just a little longer.-Daniel