Sign in to follow this  
fsxfsxfsx123

Sound issue

Hello, fella's, today i went to fly the bieutiful J41 and as i stepped into the cockpit i was looking strait forward. I didnt hear anything but that annoying clicking noise and the batt. So I turned my head to the pedestal and i heard the engines, went back to looking forward, nothing again. I tried un installing it etc but nothing worked, im guessing its something to do with the sound.cfg?? please help... thanks

Hello, fella's, today i went to fly the bieutiful J41 and as i stepped into the cockpit i was looking strait forward. I didnt hear anything but that annoying clicking noise and the batt. So I turned my head to the pedestal and i heard the engines, went back to looking forward, nothing again. I tried un installing it etc but nothing worked, im guessing its something to do with the sound.cfg?? please help... thanks
Sometimes FSX burps. Try cycling the "Q" key on your keyboard to see if it solves the issue if you experience it in the future.

Vin Scimone

Precision Manuals Development Group

www.precisionmanuals.com

PMDG_NGX_Dev_Team_FB.jpg

Give the 'Q' trick a try above, but I suspect it has something to do with your windows sound configuration.I addressed a similar issue earlier, regarding 5.1 set-ups...or 2.0 setups with windows set to a 5.1 system.You see, the J41 was actually developed to take advantage of the surround sound capability built in to FSX. Quoted from earlier post:Ensure your speaker configuration matches what is set in Windows (Windows 7 or Vista in this example):Right click speaker/volume control thinger in bottom of taskbarSelect "Playback Devices"You're default playback device should be listed. Select it (Typically "Speakers")In right hand side of Playback Devices window, select "configure"It will take you through a few steps to configure your speaker set up. Sometimes Windows may think you have a 5.1 set-up or something.Apply changes and close.If using Windows 7 should have a sound config something like this.Untitled-2.jpgRemember to select the set-up which physically matches your speaker set-up. Don't just select 5.1 thinking you'll get surround sound through 2.0. What FSX actually does (and windows too I suppose) is it will downmix the surround information (in our case, the engine sounds coming out of the rear speakers) to work with a typical stereo set-up.Try it out in FSX, report back. Lemme know if this helps anything.