Sign in to follow this  
MsThang

GoFlight MCP Pro does not work in Windows 7 64 bit

I just bought a new system and my GoFlight MCP Pro does not work. When FSX launches the autopilot displays dashes across all display units. When you start a flight there is only dashes displayed. When the unit is plugged in it shows numbers for 2 seconds then goes blank. I have installed the latest drivers from GoFlight's web site. Please help, this device was way too expensive to just not work. GoFlight is horrible about not answering their tech support queries.

When you start a flight there is only dashes displayed. When the unit is plugged in it shows numbers for 2 seconds then goes blank.
All correct behaviour.
GoFlight is horrible about not answering their tech support queries.
GoFlight have the best support i have ever come across in the fs world. Make sure you ask them for support via their email tech support http://www.goflighti.../contact2.shtmlSounds like you havn't set the GFconfig to the correct aircraft, open GFconfig, select your mcp pro, and from the drop down list select the aircraft you wish to fly.

Guest jahman

The GFConfig driver works fine with all versions of Windows since XP. Note that for certain add-on aircraft (e.g. the PMDG B-744) you need to configure the MCPPro via GFConfig to non-standard FSX behaviour (it's the bottom/last option of the three listed). You can make these changes on the fly without needing to restart FSX.You also need to make sure the GFDevFSX GFConfig-to-FSX data bridge module is running. In the rare case GFDevFSX is running and the data still doesn't make it accross to FSX, you can kill the GFDevFSX process and restart it, again without needing to restart FSX.All GF hardware works fine for me (Vista-64), with no problems reported by 7-64 users that I am aware of.Cheers,- jahman.

I have the GoFlight Config set to default. I am just trying to get the MCP Pro to work with the default 737.I am nit familiar with the GFDevFSX GFConfig-to-FSX data bridge module. Where is it found?

Guest jahman

In the folder where you installedyour GoFlight software. Easiest is to retry installing the software and see what the default directory is, as likely that's where you installed the software.To restart the process, if it's running you need to terminate it first by invoking the Performance Manager via Ctrl+Alt+Del, then click on GFDevFSX to select it and click the "Terminate" button on the bottom right-hand corner.Cheers,- jahman.

GF MCP pro needs a lot of current. Try to connect this directly to Your PC or try to unplug all other devices, turn PC off, wait few secs and boot it up to give it a try. I have to replace the USB cable to shorter and purchase PCIE USB 3.0 extension card - but I do have ~20 USB devices, Things can get different at Your rig.

I've had the opportunity to call their tech support line several times today and they were very helpful and courteous so try calling them at 503-895-7020. Great products.Alan

But before you call GF Tech Support, be sure to install the Latest GF Config Driver v. 2.00 (released a few days ago.).Cheers,- jahman.
Good point. I just started with GoGlight equipment so I already downloaded v 2.00. I left a message for their tech support and they actually called me back. I've found that it's best to call rather than email them.Alan