Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest campbellpeter

reinstalled XP64, can I repair FSX on a separate drive?

I had to reinstall windows after installing the latest patch for "Rise of flight". The patch was downloading nicely and when I next looked at the screen, Direct X was being updated. I found this surprising as I am fastidious about all system and driver updates. Anyway, Windows was trashed after patch so I had to reinstall Windows XP64 Pro on to C: drive, which it is used exclusively for. FSX occupies a separate WD raptor drive, and FSX scenery occupies another raptor. I have a further 1TB on which I run other sims. (total 4 separate hard drives)My question is: is there any way I can repair FSX (it only seems to give me the install option when I put the disk in - which makes sense as the registry is new) rather than reinstall it which will take weeks!Many thanks in anticipation. Rest of system Asus PT6 deluxe 2; Intel i975, 6GB G Skill DDR3, GTX 480Track IR5; Matrox TH2GO, 3*19 inch monitors, Thrustmaster HOTAS Cougar, Simpeds.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Thanks for that Kendall, I have just tried that after your suggestion, but now "The MSXML4 SP2 component is not installed. Please reinstall FSX ...." message appears. Oh dear, I think I am in deep trouble.Peter

Thanks for that Kendall, I have just tried that after your suggestion, but now "The MSXML4 SP2 component is not installed. Please reinstall FSX ...." message appears. Oh dear, I think I am in deep trouble.Peter
Sorry to hear of that Peter, hopefully this might be of help. http://support.microsoft.com/kb/810209 Hope you get it sorted.