Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

dighost

Visibility of airport (distance)

Anyone know of a setting or configuration I can change to adjust how far an airport comes into sight? For example, I was flying at 3500'ish ft directly East of downtown Orlando on final to Orlando International. At that height and distance I could make out the field (blank dirt texture) but not the runways or lighting. I figured the airport was maybe 15 miles or so out... It wasn't until I was maybe 5 miles or so out that all the lights popped up. FSX is setup with all options on max, save for DX10 or the light bloom. I also use REX,GEX,A2A lights and Enhance Airport Environment.Also, this does not happen all the time. KSFO for example shows up a good ways out.Thanks!

What weather program are you using. With ASE, you can set min/max ground visibility and that will make a big difference. Same parameters can be set for upper altitude.BobKDTW

Thanks Bob! I adjusted ASE, and that did the trick :)

What weather program are you using. With ASE, you can set min/max ground visibility and that will make a big difference. Same parameters can be set for upper altitude.BobKDTW