Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jetstream41

VNAV Problems!

Hi im Emil Nilsson! I have a problem with my most lovely MD 11 by PMDG! Sometimes when i fly exactelly after takeoff and i press NAV and it dosen't work and then i press heading and it dosen't respond! In the biggining on the ground it says "NO TAXI" on the Speed and ALT Screen, thats a sign that says it won't work in the air.. :( I have friends with the same problem and they dont know how to fix it! Please help me :(//Emil

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

If the PFD says "NO TAXI" you have not correctly configured the aircraft. This is operator error, so I suggest you do the tutorial flights.

Hi im Emil Nilsson! I have a problem with my most lovely MD 11 by PMDG! Sometimes when i fly exactelly after takeoff and i press NAV and it dosen't work and then i press heading and it dosen't respond! In the biggining on the ground it says "NO TAXI" on the Speed and ALT Screen, thats a sign that says it won't work in the air.. :( I have friends with the same problem and they dont know how to fix it! Please help me :(//Emil
Hi Emil, I would definitely look at the tutorial flights here. Basically you need to wait for a few more minutes and the "NO TAXI" indication will disappear once IRU's have aligned. After that (and assuming you are doing everything else correctly) the aircraft should behave!