Sign in to follow this  
capkangooroo

Fuel Selector

I noticed a bug on the C340. The aircraft burns fuel from the auxiliary tanks even when the fuel selector is on the main tanks. The only way to make it burn fuel from the main tanks is using crossfeed.Here is a little table I did of config/consumption on the 340:Fuel Selector: Burning:Left Engine: Left Main Left Aux (31.5 gal)excl.gifRight Engine: Right Main Right Aux (31.5 gal)excl.gifLeft Engine: Left Aux Left Aux (31.5 gal)Right Engine: Right Aux Right Aux (31.5 gal)Left Engine: Right Main Right Main (50 gal)Right Engine: Left Main Left Main (50 gal)Other thing I noticed is on the fuel quantity gauge, you have a switch to show the fuel quantity of the main tanks and the fuel quantity of the aux tanks. The labels are inverted aswell.And finally, I thought Carenado's C340 had the 310hp engines of the C340A, but looking on the manual I noticed they had the 285hp ones. But the manifold pressure gauge is the one from the 310hp engines (it has the red line on 38"mp and not 36" like it says on the checklists. I just made some modifications to fit the 310ho hp engines and it performs way better in climbs and cruises...I would apprecitate if anyone can help me on how to fix the fuel selector problem!Thanks,Juan Ponce

I belive the [problem you are experiencing with the fuel takes is due to the way FSX is unable to handle auxiliary tanks, though I could have misread and be totally wrong!

I belive the [problem you are experiencing with the fuel takes is due to the way FSX is unable to handle auxiliary tanks, though I could have misread and be totally wrong!
Cessna also has a peculiar arrangement where the main tanks are the wingtip tanks and the aux tanks are in the wing.

Bert

Yes, indeed Cessna has weird fuel tank arrangements and complex fuel management. But the problem itself is the fuel selector knob in Carenado's C340, when you have selected to burn on the main tanks, it currently feeds from the auxiliary tanks (in the other positions it behaves correctly), and couple of weeks ago I was doing a long flight from martinique to providenciales and ran out of fuel on the AUX tanks so I had to run the rest on crossfeed.I flew once a Cessna 340 here in Venezuela and had an additional 30 gal tank on the left engine nacelle. Engines couldn't feed from that tank, instead it had a fuel pump to transfer fuel from that tank to the main tanks. It would be interesting to have that feature on a new service pack aswell with spoilers.thanks for your responsesJuan