Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

phughes81

Accelerator pack cannot find FSX on D drive

I cannot install the Acceleration pack on to my FSX which is installed in the X86 drive on D drive in my 64 bit Windows XP. Doesn't seem to be an option in the Acc pack to direct the install to D drive /(x86)Program files /Microsoft Games/FSX. Can anyone suggest a possible solution?

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

do a search for fsx path fix. it will set the correct path for fsx in h registry,you just need to point it to your fsx.exe file,it works with both fs9 nd fsx which hopefully acceleration will find. Is it a clean install of fsx no service packs ??

do a search for fsx path fix. it will set the correct path for fsx in h registry,you just need to point it to your fsx.exe file,it works with both fs9 nd fsx which hopefully acceleration will find. Is it a clean install of fsx no service packs ??
Thanks for that ; I just hope I can figure out what to do as I am a hopeless computer type though a better pilot and yes, it is a clean install with no service packs

Thanks for that ; I just hope I can figure out what to do as I am a hopeless computer type though a better pilot and yes, it is a clean install with no service packs
Flight1 has a registry repair tool located here: http://www.flight1software.com/files/FS_Registry_Repair.exeAs far as I recall it is extremely simple, just run it and follow the instructions.Before you do that, though, take a close look at the opening screen when you run the Acceleration setup. Are there any options you can access from that screen? Unfortunately I cannot try it here as I already have Acceleration installed, so I'm just asked if I want to do a repair.

Hi again, I think I need more detailed instructions on the search, as where I searched didn't seem to provide any information.

Flight1 has a registry repair tool located here: http://www.flight1so...stry_Repair.exeAs far as I recall it is extremely simple, just run it and follow the instructions.Before you do that, though, take a close look at the opening screen when you run the Acceleration setup. Are there any options you can access from that screen? Unfortunately I cannot try it here as I already have Acceleration installed, so I'm just asked if I want to do a repair.
Thanks again ; those words of yours are the answer to my previous question and ,No there are no options on the opening screen of the Acc pack ; if there had been I would have been 'home and hosed' so to speak.