Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

luckyman

PC black screen

Hi guys just need some help trying to solve the issue!For the past couple of week ive been having a strange issue that seems video card related. It seems very random, I start up windows 7 and begin doing anything on the computer (nothing intensive) ex. browsing the internet. And maybe one time out of 10 the screen will randomly go black and i get a message "no DVI signal" on my monitor! But the weird part is that the computer/ W7 is still running! i can sometimes hear music still playing...but then after about 3 minutes the computer makes a strange noise and shuts down. Wondering if anyone might know a solution!thanksLucas

Since no one else has answered you yet, I'll chime in: it sounds to me like your video card is going bad, or one of your cables. I would start cheap and replace the video cables one at a time, but it's definitely a failure in your video system.

Yes it could be that, or your PSU could be dieing. Chocking to give your GPU enough, then completely dieing. But yes i i would sure try GPU swithing like even on onboard??