Sign in to follow this  
EnglishRebel

FSX in Full Screen

Guest PFL
Multi-monitor use is enabled best in Windowed mode.Windowed mode uses the OS configured screen resolution.Fullscreen mode uses the FS configured screen resolution.
Thanks, it looks like FSX is better in Window mode with Eyefinity, but what do I know, I´m too buzy un- and inplugging the cheap Chinese Bizlink DP Adaptor all the time, fail, fail...!Ah, what crap it all is...Black%20Eye.gif

Yes, auto hide task bar, but I would run in full screen unless you have a real good reason not to.Set up a flight you always want to start with and everything off. Save the flight. When you load the flight, check the box "use as default". I use the default setup normally, but have several saved flights for special uses i.e. VOR traing, bad weather, etc.Dave
DaveBut how do I start with everything off in the plane and parked at the hanger as opposed to the end of the runway with everything on and the engine running? I definitely will run in full screen.ThanksAlan

DaveBut how do I start with everything off in the plane and parked at the hanger as opposed to the end of the runway with everything on and the engine running? I definitely will run in full screen.ThanksAlan
AlanIt's very simple. When you select your airport, there are options as to where you launch: Runways, Gates, etc... choose where you want to be, set the weather. time of day etc, then press FLY NOW.Once you are in the sim, set the plane the way you want it, engines ON/OFF etc.When you have things the way you like them, SAVE the flight at this point, and be sure to check the 'Save as Default' box. The options are all accessable in the FSX menu bar at the top of you screen, go to FLIGHTS then SAVE.. give it a name, and check the box at the bottom.The next time you launch your plane will be where you left it setup the way you wanted it. You can then make any changes in the FSX menu bar and save it again if you dont like things the way you left them. Just Save it again after the changes.As far as Fullscreen vs windowed mode, FSX works better on some machines with one or the other. Experiment and see what works best for you.

Jay

AlanIt's very simple. When you select your airport, there are options as to where you launch: Runways, Gates, etc... choose where you want to be, set the weather. time of day etc, then press FLY NOW.Once you are in the sim, set the plane the way you want it, engines ON/OFF etc.When you have things the way you like them, SAVE the flight at this point, and be sure to check the 'Save as Default' box. The options are all accessable in the FSX menu bar at the top of you screen, go to FLIGHTS then SAVE.. give it a name, and check the box at the bottom.The next time you launch your plane will be where you left it setup the way you wanted it. You can then make any changes in the FSX menu bar and save it again if you dont like things the way you left them. Just Save it again after the changes.As far as Fullscreen vs windowed mode, FSX works better on some machines with one or the other. Experiment and see what works best for you.
After lots of trial and error a guy over at Autohotkey fixed a script to run fullscreen in windowed mode:Ok so I use the following to go fullscreen in windowed mode.1. Taskbar eliminator to get rid of the taskbar - (This is run in a batch file)2. Autohotkey script for full screen - (This is run in a batch file) - found here: http://r.secsrv.net/...seudoFullscreen3. Download Autohotkey from www.autohotkey.com - to execute the above script. (also run in a batch file.4. Add the below code to the above script to make it run with no borders: ;// *** Settings *** Debug:=1 Titlebar_Hide:=1 Titlebar_MoveOffscreen:=0 Fullscreen_Offset_enabled:=0 Fullscreen_Offset_px:=0 ;// *** /Settings ***__________________________________________________5. Use Win key + F11 after the sim is loaded to go full screen with no borders6. Create a batch file to make the taskbar eliminator, the full screen script and fsx to start at the same time then you only have to click that to start all at the same time. You could even make the bat file use the fsx icon if you wish.___________________________________This allows me to click the one bat file and fsx starts, the taskbar hides and the fullscreen script runs........ENJOY!!

Thanks Jay. I never thought to look for this when selecting an airport. Definitely will run in full screen.Alan