Sign in to follow this  
Ioan92

2600k Overclocking Help

There is no "optimal" voltage, you simply try to get it as low as your chip will allow whilst still being stable. Reset BIOS defaults then start at 1.4v and test for a good few hours. If it's stable then knock it down to 1.39. Repeat until you have it as low as it will go.You may find you even need 1.4+ to run thee 4.7 as well, there's just no telling until you try.If those temps are breaking 80 though, I'd seriously think about stopping overclocking at all until you can provide better cooling. No point in getting stable if your chip is going to melt a few days later!

There is no "optimal" voltage, you simply try to get it as low as your chip will allow whilst still being stable. Reset BIOS defaults then start at 1.4v and test for a good few hours. If it's stable then knock it down to 1.39. Repeat until you have it as low as it will go.You may find you even need 1.4+ to run thee 4.7 as well, there's just no telling until you try.If those temps are breaking 80 though, I'd seriously think about stopping overclocking at all until you can provide better cooling. No point in getting stable if your chip is going to melt a few days later!
Well I saw others succesfully getting 4.8 on the corsair A50... I don't know man... Running 47 on 1.35 with PLL on/ LLC extreme/ waiting... PS: Man Vcc values of 1.35 works wonders for the temperature... doesn't go past 78... much better than 92 :o

xxwAU.pngUzJYY.png

It's totally irrelevant what others get through as there's to many variables in a setup to expect to recreate exactly. ANd yes, the lower the volts you're putting through a chip, the lower the temps are going to be. if you can get 4.7 @ 1.35v then that's great and would say that's definitely the sweet spot for your chip. Just make sure to prime for at least a few hours.

It's totally irrelevant what others get through as there's to many variables in a setup to expect to recreate exactly. ANd yes, the lower the volts you're putting through a chip, the lower the temps are going to be. if you can get 4.7 @ 1.35v then that's great and would say that's definitely the sweet spot for your chip. Just make sure to prime for at least a few hours.
I'm on it, already at test 8.... running like those who who put 4.8.... 1.35 with 70 degrees... goddamnit :P24 hours of P95 is 100% stability right? (Really never used P95 before so I have no idea how long I need to run it). EDIT: 47 didn't work... descending to flight level 46...... LOL.gif Wishing to keep 1.35 the max voltage limit.

xxwAU.pngUzJYY.png

24 hours would be rock solid, but I'd say even 6-8 hours would be pretty indicative of stability. If you're dead set on 1.35v then I reckon you'll probably end up stable on 4.5/4.6. If temps allow for it then you could probably go up to 1.4v 24/7, although obviously nobody really knows what's safe. There are going to be a LOT of people with dead chips though if >1.4 turns out to be dangerous!

One hour in, 4.6 GHz @ 1.35v seems to be my parking spot.. :D

xxwAU.pngUzJYY.png

Seems like a good trade-off there. You won't really miss the 200MHz all that much and is well worth it for a lower voltage/temps. Sucks we can't all have 5.2GHz at that voltage but that's life I suppose!

Alright, ran for 3 hours, everything stable, temps in the 70-ies. Decided to stop the test. Thanks for the help everyone, especially you Callum ^^

xxwAU.pngUzJYY.png