Sign in to follow this  
mc-leod

LevelD FS2Crew voice Commander or Edition?

Hi Bryan,I plan to buy FS2Crew for my LevelD767 but I don't realy know what a version of it. I've seen at simmarket there are two applications FS2Crew voice commander and FS2Crew edition. Can you give me a suggestion what's different? And another question too, I read in the forum that some people do have problems because online flying and muting FS2Crew, in fact I use to fly online every time so it's importend to me that the muting works propperly. I use FSX, Win7 64 bit.Thanks and regardsAxel

Hi Bryan,I plan to buy FS2Crew for my LevelD767 but I don't realy know what a version of it. I've seen at simmarket there are two applications FS2Crew voice commander and FS2Crew edition. Can you give me a suggestion what's different? And another question too, I read in the forum that some people do have problems because online flying and muting FS2Crew, in fact I use to fly online every time so it's importend to me that the muting works propperly. I use FSX, Win7 64 bit.Thanks and regardsAxel
Hi Axel,There are two versions:Voice control, which is the newest version.And button control, which is an older version.Muting shouldn't be a problem. Remember with software that if you have a 1000 people using it, no matter what there are always going to be people who have some kind of issues. If in doubt though, you can go the safe route and get the old 'button' control version.Be sure to watch the videos on YouTube to decide which one you like most.Best,

Hi Bryan,thanks for the quick answere. I think I would prefer voice control. So when I understand it right, FS2Crew voice commander is the right one for me?Regards Axel

Thanks Bryan,so I will buy the voice Commander.Best regards and thanks too for that great app!Axel

Hi Bryan,so I've bought FS2Crew voice commander on you rside and installed it. So far all thinks are ok, but indead I've this problem with muting too. So what I've done. I've safed the Backspace key for mute in the config manager. Than I've safed Backspace under FSUIPC "buttons and keys" to work with my flightyoke but it doesn't works at all. Also wenn I'm pressing the Backspace key, the voice not mute and the FO does his work flow. My question, can I see where the manager saved the command for mute voice maybe in a cfg, ini, or xml file?Regards Axel

Hi Bryan,so I've bought FS2Crew voice commander on you rside and installed it. So far all thinks are ok, but indead I've this problem with muting too. So what I've done. I've safed the Backspace key for mute in the config manager. Than I've safed Backspace under FSUIPC "buttons and keys" to work with my flightyoke but it doesn't works at all. Also wenn I'm pressing the Backspace key, the voice not mute and the FO does his work flow. My question, can I see where the manager saved the command for mute voice maybe in a cfg, ini, or xml file?Regards Axel
Hi Axel,Did you install the update?http://www.fs2crew.com/cart/Updates/FS2Crew_LDS767_Voice_SP1.zipFor muting, you should seen an 'M' icon appear on the display when mute is held.Also, try using LEFT CONTROL as the assignment. That one works for me.Assignment is saved in "FS2CrewInputMapper.CFG"Microsoft Flight Simulator X\FS2Crew2010\Versions\LDS767Cheers,Bryan

Hi Bryan,yes, the Update has been installed and I can see the M when I make a hard mute over the FS2Crew Panel but not with Backspace key. I've checked in the FS2CrewInputMapper.CFG that Backspace is saved right. I would try LControl but I don't get this key in FSUIPC working, when I pressing the key for keyset nothing happens, the field left empty. No idea, also the LControl key does not work pressing at the keyboard. Maybe it is a Win7 issue? Ok but the hard mute works well, is not thereal good way but it works as well.Regards Axel

Hi Bryan,yes, the Update has been installed and I can see the M when I make a hard mute over the FS2Crew Panel but not with Backspace key. I've checked in the FS2CrewInputMapper.CFG that Backspace is saved right. I would try LControl but I don't get this key in FSUIPC working, when I pressing the key for keyset nothing happens, the field left empty. No idea, also the LControl key does not work pressing at the keyboard. Maybe it is a Win7 issue? Ok but the hard mute works well, is not thereal good way but it works as well.Regards Axel
It's not a Win 7 issue because I use Win 7 too.Please contact me via the Contact page on the FS2Crew website.I'll send you my InputMapper file.Are you in an Admin account? I'm wondering if the Input Mapper file is even being updated. Not running things as an Admin could result in the file not being updated due to Admin rights.Left control should definitely work.Cheers,