Sign in to follow this  
Adam Reed

Any help please?

Hi guys.I was looking for a little advice please. I brought the Packard Bell iextreme M5722 around 18 months ago.I have recently started using Microsoft Flight Simulator 2004. However I was wondering what I can do to upgrade so I have smoother play and more FPS. I am hoping to spend no more than about £300-£400, What can I do to get the best possible experience?Here are my system specs;Packard Bell ixtreme M5722Intel Core2 Quad CPU Q8300 @2.50GHz 2.50GHzRam:6.00GB64-Bit OSWindows 7 Home PremiumGraphics Card: Nvidia GeForce GT220 1GB DDR2, Direct X 11Also, the upgrades I need how do I make sure they will go into my machine?? CheersHere are some pictures :ivxwep.png2r2x2l4.png6zmw0k.pngsbh6xw.png6iaecl.png

Adam

I'm not sure how fs2004 treats the CPU compared to fsx. But maybe a cheap solution would be a new cpu cooler and and overclock. And possibly a video card like the 560ti?

I'm not sure how fs2004 treats the CPU compared to fsx. But maybe a cheap solution would be a new cpu cooler and and overclock. And possibly a video card like the 560ti?
HelloThe bios on that board will probably not allow any overclocking and the PSU will not support a GTX560ti.That pc should run FS9 very well anyway.FSX will really struggle though.
i think probable an i7 @ 3ghz would seriously give you a perf boost
HelloA move to an i7 would require a new motherboard and PSU

Hi guys. I was looking for a little advice please. I brought the Packard Bell iextreme M5722 around 18 months ago.
HelloThat machine should run FS9 just fine.Regarding upgrades there is not a lot you can do, a faster processor will require a new motherboard.A faster graphics card will require a new PSU.Possibly you could OC that processor if the bios will allow it but again the PSU is marginal.
FSX is the way to go
HelloNot on that PC it isn't