Sign in to follow this  
Eidi

Load Editor PSS 757 problem

Hi there!I know that I'm starting new topic about an issue that has been mentioned and discussed many times and you've already given all your advices but none of them helped me to solve this issue.Anyway, I installed PSS B757 v 1.0 and everything worked well. Then I found out that there was a version 1.3 so I decided to uninstall the older previous 1.0 version and installed PSS 757 v1.3. Unfortunatelly, the only thing that doesn't work is the load editor. When I want to start it up, the program responds with an error claiming: 'Cannot find Flight Simulator installation path.' I've already tried to figure it out with FSTweaks to set up correct FS9 path with registry values but FSTweaks always responds: 'This path is already set as a default' - or something like that, I'm not quoting it exactly, but the meaning is the same.Please, can anyone help me?Thanks a lot.Eidi

EidiWhich version of the 757 are you using - I assume that its the Just Flight release. If so, whilst it is exactly the same as the PSS version once installed, the actual installer is different.Firstly, where did you get your 757 from - the Just Flight version has had the PSS V1.3 included for at least two years. As far as the error is concerned, try the Flight One Registry Repair Tool - you download it from their site and it usually works. Post back here if you have no luck.John R

Hi there! I know that I'm starting new topic about an issue that has been mentioned and discussed many times and you've already given all your advices but none of them helped me to solve this issue. Anyway, I installed PSS B757 v 1.0 and everything worked well. Then I found out that there was a version 1.3 so I decided to uninstall the older previous 1.0 version and installed PSS 757 v1.3. Unfortunatelly, the only thing that doesn't work is the load editor. When I want to start it up, the program responds with an error claiming: 'Cannot find Flight Simulator installation path.' I've already tried to figure it out with FSTweaks to set up correct FS9 path with registry values but FSTweaks always responds: 'This path is already set as a default' - or something like that, I'm not quoting it exactly, but the meaning is the same. Please, can anyone help me? Thanks a lot. Eidi
Try the link below. I worked with John on this on a trial and error basis. It requires editing the registry, so follow the instructions exactly. The problem is caused because Vista 64 and Windows 7 64, keep a "shadow copy" of the registry for 32-bit apps in the "Wow6432Node" branch under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/Software, but for some reason doesn't put the FS9 path under Microsoft as well. I've learned to make sure the path is in both places and no problems. Good luck! http://forum.avsim.net/topic/239181-757-load-editor/page__st__25

Dan Cole

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.