Sign in to follow this  
frankinbahia

TH2G with mixed ratio monitors?

Does anyone have experience with a 3-monitor setup, using the Matrox box but with monitors of different ratios?I have two older analog flat-screens, 4:3, and a new LCD 16:9. I plan to use the widescreen in the center, and the twoolder monitors on the sides (for L and R side-window views, mostly). According to the Matrox manual, as long as all 3 monitors support the same resolution (3840 × 1024; 3072 × 768;2400 × 600; or 1920 × 480), you're OK. But since only 1 of those four resolutions can be sent to all 3 monitors, I wonder if the result is satisfactory (i.e., the entire screen used on all 3, without wierd stretching, etc.) Anyone have experience with this kind of setup?Thanks!

I tried it like this with 2x 19" CRT viewsonics and 1x 20" Samsung LCD widescreen. I fly VC mostly and it was not pretty but definitely doable. I was forced to run the LCD in 4:3 which distorted the image a bit and being the center monitor it just got to me. The colors were also very hard to match up. I could never force the CRT's to 16:9 they would just go black. I would think if you are using 2D panels it would be okay. Keep in mind this was a long time ago, 2006 maybe? So drivers may have changed. I currently use 3x 25.5" ASUS LCD widescreens and its dreamy :wub: