Sign in to follow this  
Mattsee

Windows 7 32 bit and FS 2004/FS9

Hi,can someone help me with an answer to the following question:I had to buy a new PV with Windows 7 32 bit System. Does this system allow the installation of my FS 2004 or do I have to start from scratch with the FSX and almost everything new (scenery, planes, etc.)Thank you very much for your valid input.Christian

Hi,can someone help me with an answer to the following question:I had to buy a new PV with Windows 7 32 bit System. Does this system allow the installation of my FS 2004 or do I have to start from scratch with the FSX and almost everything new (scenery, planes, etc.)Thank you very much for your valid input.Christian
HelloFS2004 will install on Windows 7 32bit but you would do much better with the 64bit version of windows.Would your PC supplier not install the 64bit version for you?

HelloFS2004 will install on Windows 7 32bit but you would do much better with the 64bit version of windows.Would your PC supplier not install the 64bit version for you?
Thanks for your input. My PC supplier said, a 64 bit version would not accept the FS 2004/FS9 version. Up to now my FS 2004 has been run under Windows XP Prof. 32 bit.So you can confirm that the FS 2004 and all Addons (planes, scenery, airports, ....) provided for the FS 2004 (under Win XP) will also work with the Win7 64bit version?Thanks for reply.Christian LOWW

Thanks for your input. My PC supplier said, a 64 bit version would not accept the FS 2004/FS9 version. Up to now my FS 2004 has been run under Windows XP Prof. 32 bit.So you can confirm that the FS 2004 and all Addons (planes, scenery, airports, ....) provided for the FS 2004 (under Win XP) will also work with the Win7 64bit version?Thanks for reply.Christian LOWW
HelloYes Fs2004 and addons will run under Win7 64 as many folk here will attest to, the only addons that you will have issues with are the RealityXP GPS gauges as they use a 16bit garmin trainer as a backend.Your Supplier is wrong, Windows 7 64bit will run 32bit software, both FS9 and FSX are 32bit.I would stay away from any PC vendor who had such a lack of knowledge regarding Windows 7 versions.Under Windows 32bit you will eventually run into OOM errors.

HelloYes Fs2004 and addons will run under Win7 64 as many folk here will attest to, the only addons that you will have issues with are the RealityXP GPS gauges as they use a 16bit garmin trainer as a backend.Your Supplier is wrong, Windows 7 64bit will run 32bit software, both FS9 and FSX are 32bit.I would stay away from any PC vendor who had such a lack of knowledge regarding Windows 7 versions.Under Windows 32bit you will eventually run into OOM errors.
I can attest that everything is workling all right. And with the RealityXP GPS, ther´s no big problem. Just get the new ones, wich are usable with 64 bit. They´re a bit expensive but worth a look.