Sign in to follow this  
B737Captain

Help me setup FSX

Hello guys!I have been a long time FS9 user but I decided that with the soon release of NGX its time to move to FSX.So I have some general questions to get the most performance out of it Specs:Corsair TX750WCooler Master 690 II Gigabyte X58A-UD3RIntel Core i7 920 3.0Ghz (oc) Prolimatech MegaShadow w/ Scythe 1600rpm fan will soon go to lets say 3.8ghzGigabyte GTX460 1GB SLI6GB Mushkin 1600mhz DD3R 7-10-10-24HD103SJ 1TB HDDSo first of all.1. Is base FSX+ Accel pack everything I need in terms of SP2.Should FSX be installed on the w7 partition or on a different one?Can you give me some tweaks that are necessary and help me out in general with some tips and stuff.Thanks!

Follow this guide to the letter: http://www.simforums.com/forums/setting-up-fsx-and-how-to-tune-it_topic29041.htmlIf you need to fine tune it more after your done, run the FSX.cfg thru this this automated tweaker, make a backup first in case your not pleased with the results: http://www.venetubo.com/fsx.html

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator